Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Bauknecht
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Just finished Scenario 2 last night and was wondering what tricks you have all been pulling with your Tinkerer?

For me, I've been having good luck opening a door and dropping my Harmless Decoy in the revealed room. Its durable enough that it usually gives us most of around of not getting hit so we can position effectively.

And after 4 tries, last night I finally managed to drop a Proximity Mine one one round, then Hook Shot an enemy into it on the next round. That felt pretty good.

I just hit level 2, so what should I be thinking about as things progress?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Leo
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Prox Mine + Hook Shot combo isn't easily pulled off without help from your team.

One thing to remember with Tinkerer is that he can actually do some nasty hit-and-run damage to a group of foes with Flamethrower + one of his movement abilities that adds immobilize or muddle. The high damage + wounds softens them up for the rest of your team to finish them off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's more Tinkerer (or "thinkerer", if the thread title is to be believed) discussion going on over here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hansen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
A few points on the Tinkerer:

1.) The Tinkerer does a bit of everything very well so watch the characters that do one of those things very well and learn when the most important times to double up those things is. Example: you blow groups up like the Spellweaver, and doubling up with her can clear whole rooms in 1 turn.

2.) Hook Shot is much more powerful when used with existing traps and dangerous terrain. They do more damage and you can straight up kill big monsters with a pull 2. This can even justify running into a room alone.

3.) You have 12 cards, which means you will often live the longest. Prepare to close out scenarios.

4.) Healing is important, but not as important as killing. Being all heals is a trap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Guy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gevaudan wrote:
A few points on the Tinkerer:

1.) The Tinkerer does a bit of everything very well so watch the characters that do one of those things very well and learn when the most important times to double up those things is. Example: you blow groups up like the Spellweaver, and doubling up with her can clear whole rooms in 1 turn.

2.) Hook Shot is much more powerful when used with existing traps and dangerous terrain. They do more damage and you can straight up kill big monsters with a pull 2. This can even justify running into a room alone.

3.) You have 12 cards, which means you will often live the longest. Prepare to close out scenarios.

4.) Healing is important, but not as important as killing. Being all heals is a trap.

I agree completely with Joshua. I would add that using a pair of magic boots to boost your mobility allows you to get even more mileage out of the Hook Shot+Trap combo. Winged Boots especially make it easier to get around traps and enemies so that you may pull the latter onto the former!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.