6 new objects
42 new vision cards

Secrets and Lies

6 new characters
6 new locations
6 new objects
18 new story cards
42 new vision cards

So that means: If you had all of the expansions, this would mean you would have TOTAL of each type of card:

84 vision cards (base game) + 42 vision cards (HS) + 42 vision cards (SL) = 168 vision cards

18 characters (base game) + 6 characters (HS) + 6 characters (SL) = 30 characters

18 objects (base game) + 6 objects (HS) + 6 objects (SL) = 30 objects

18 locations (base game) + 6 locations (HS) + 6 locations (SL) = 30 locations

18 Story Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morris Ho
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, I must throw away that insert...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had such high hopes for the second expansion and it didn't actually add anything REALLY to the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I had such high hopes for the second expansion and it didn't actually add anything REALLY to the game

Depends on what those storycards are though right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing the promo card in the first edition will be the one from the Brettspiel advent calendar last year since they seem to keep recycling promos I already own...

Disappointed that these expansions keep adding more of the same. If the third expansion is just more cards and perhaps another slight rules tweak again, I'm done. Mysterium is fun and all but if the expansions aren't going to add anything different I don't see the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weber
Germany
Ilmenau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The story cards can replace the object cards to make the game harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would it make the game harder? Because it is harder to explain an immaterial thing over an object with cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weber
Germany
Ilmenau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess so. Just watch the BGG interview video. There they explain the new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Story cards replace the objects. Which is a change no one was asking for :/

Hearing about the title of the expansion, I was expecting for some Deception Murder in Hong Kong type of twist or an added layer to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would everyone like to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something mechanically new. Special powers for each investigator would probably be the first that comes to mind as they bothered to give so much backstory that isn't used. Also replacing game elements is really poor. Would have preferred something added. Finally I actually think this will make the game EASIER not harder. The meaning of the cards might be harder to get, but for me the tools/weapons were always worst because there was so little stuff on the cards one could reference to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozgur Ceylan
msg tools
mb
rdbret wrote:
Mysterium -- Base Game

18 new characters
18 new locations
18 new objects
84 new vision cards

Hidden Signs

6 new characters
6 new locations
6 new objects
42 new vision cards

Secrets and Lies

6 new characters
6 new locations
6 new objects
18 new story cards
42 new vision cards

So that means: If you had all of the expansions, this would mean you would have TOTAL of each type of card:

84 vision cards (base game) + 42 vision cards (HS) + 42 vision cards (SL) = 168 vision cards

18 characters (base game) + 6 characters (HS) + 6 characters (SL) = 30 characters

18 Story Cards

if we add promos that makes;

Promos

1 character
1 location
2 objects
1 story card
2 vision cards

84 vision cards (base game) + 42 vision cards (HS) + 42 vision cards (SL) + 2 vision cards (promo) = 170 vision cards

18 characters (base game) + 6 characters (HS) + 6 characters (SL) + 1 character (promo) = 31 characters

18 objects (base game) + 6 objects (HS) + 6 objects (SL) + 2 objects (promo) = 32 objects

18 locations (base game) + 6 locations (HS) + 6 locations (SL) + 1 location (promo) = 31 locations

18 story cards (SL) + 1 story card (promo) = 19 story cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could totally see a house rule variant appearing whenever we play to increase the clock to 9 hours and having all psychics needing to get 4 elements (instead of 3 elements in 7 hours). We don't use clairvoyance anyway, so I don't expect many problems there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Boisvert
Canada
flag msg tools
Yep, powers for the mediums. Each has his own specialty but nothing in the game represent it. I was about to houserule it, but an expansion that boost the mediums would be a must buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
I, for one, hope they DON'T add special powers for the mediums. Not every game needs variable player powers. Mysterium is fine as-is, and if you don't agree, play a different game, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teel McClanahan
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Yes. Story cards replace the objects. Which is a change no one was asking for :/

...Luckily, I'm no one.

I even downloaded the highest-res versions of the Tajemnicsze Domostwo's "Motive" cards I could find so I could print my own and do exactly this. Glad to be able to get non-PnP equivalents with matching art style to properly integrate into Mysterium.

Additionally, more characters, locations, objects, and visions is exactly what my group(s) want for Mysterium. We love the mechanics as they are, but if you play with the same group enough times and see the same cards enough times, they start to lose their mystery—taking on a meta-textual meaning which sucks a lot of the fun out of the gameplay. (i.e.: Many cards become permanently associated with specific meanings/associations, turning them from visions in need of interpretation into flash cards & simple recall.)

Throw a couple new characters/etc into the mix (especially if they have overlapping or ambiguous traits with existing cards in the game) and you have a chance to breathe new life into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcclanahan wrote:

...Luckily, I'm no one.

I even downloaded the highest-res versions of the Tajemnicsze Domostwo's "Motive" cards I could find so I could print my own and do exactly this. Glad to be able to get non-PnP equivalents with matching art style to properly integrate into Mysterium.

However, while being called motives it looks like the cards play in no way like the motive cards from Tajemnicsze Domostwo. They really just plainly replace the objects rather then adding a new round. Motives like in Tajemnicsze Domostwo would have been much appreciated.
As you seem to have played with that variant. How balanced is it? I heart in makes the game too easy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Sindram
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting change.. might make the game a bit convoluted, and IMO the beauty of this game (and dixit..) is its simplicity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb

I think what they definitely should add is a game mode in which one the players is actually the murderer and knows it from the start, therefore acts, plays like a traitor in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
I'm guessing the promo card in the first edition will be the one from the Brettspiel advent calendar last year since they seem to keep recycling promos I already own...

The promo in the box of the 1st edition of Secrets and Lies is supposed to be an additional Story Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
tmcclanahan wrote:

...Luckily, I'm no one.

However, while being called motives it looks like the cards play in no way like the motive cards from Tajemnicsze Domostwo. They really just plainly replace the objects rather then adding a new round. Motives like in Tajemnicsze Domostwo would have been much appreciated.
As you seem to have played with that variant. How balanced is it? I heart in makes the game too easy?

Yes the Tajemnicze Domostwo: Motive cards expansion makes the game too easy. We modify the rules that you only eliminate 1 set for every 2 motives that you get right. That makes it better.

The other problem is that there are only 7 of them. It would be harder if there were more motive cards on the table. I'm hoping that the story cards can be used like the motive cards and now we can play the motive expansion rules but with more cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdbret wrote:
Mysterium -- Base Game

18 new characters
18 new locations
18 new objects
84 new vision cards

Hidden Signs

6 new characters
6 new locations
6 new objects
42 new vision cards

Secrets and Lies

6 new characters
6 new locations
6 new objects
18 new story cards
42 new vision cards

18 Story Cards

Add the promos:
1 additional character
1 additional location
2 additional objects
1 additional story card
2 additional vision cards

For totals of
170 vision cards
31 characters
31 locations
32 objects
19 Story Cards

And soon we will be hearing what is in the Mysterium: Brettspiel Adventskalender 2017 Promo which is probably another vision card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ultimately decided not to get this expansion. Partially because it doesn't get played often and it has enough with the first. Mostly because of the $49.99 price tag. Almost the cost of a full new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miriam Lester
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ultimately decided not to get this expansion. Partially because it doesn't get played often and it has enough with the first. Mostly because of the $49.99 price tag. Almost the cost of a full new game.

Wow! Where did you check for that price? MSRP is $29.99. Most online stores have it for $5 or $6 less than MSRP. It’s still a bit pricey for an expansion but I like the variety it adds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It turned out that price was in error. Even so I decided to pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.