Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much disappointment as a 2nd SG was not revealed with the Shintos.

Lot of carping about several SG's required to get a FREE clan to use as a 6 player expansion.

A total of $480,000 in SG's for 10 minis and the player materials in the same fabulous KSE plastic? That is only $48,000 for each mini without considering the clan materials. Seems really reasonable and in-line with the other SG's so far.

Thiago understands our frustration and has promised the next SG will be "a wonder to behold".

Sit back & enjoy the freebies and the measured pace of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Though many people are disenchanted with the rollout of the Fox Clan now, anyone who gets Rising Sun at retail is going to be super jealous of KS backers for having an exclusive clan with actual gameplay differences. This is the best stretch goal so far in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not impatient ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say the way campaign is going is very satisfying for me.
So far we have:
1. Base game upgraded beyond all recognition
2. Shitload of SG monsters.
3. Some more plastic markers, which is cool.
4. Unique 6th clan. It's also great, that we get 6th player option for free (!), not as with BR, where we had to pay 30 bucks for 5th player expansion
5. So far we have only 1 add-on, which is nice for me, as it's just some metal coins I'm totally uninterested in. I really don't want to spend more than 100$ on that one, but I'll see the "very special, game-changing addon" that was mentioned, and then decide.
+ Plastic Fortresses which will look God damm cool.

All of that in 100$. This is not what I call fair deal. It's generosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Though many people are disenchanted with the rollout of the Fox Clan now, anyone who gets Rising Sun at retail is going to be super jealous of KS backers for having an exclusive clan with actual gameplay differences. This is the best stretch goal so far in my opinion.

And then the retail buyers will realize that all they have to do is print off a single card that CMON will make readily available, like they pretty always do for exclusives, and they'll be able to play with the fox clan every bit as easily as backers can.

At least I'd realize that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
cormor321 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

And then the retail buyers will realize that all they have to do is print off a single card that CMON will make readily available, like they pretty always do for exclusives, and they'll be able to play with the fox clan every bit as easily as backers can.

And that is completely okay! I, as Kickstarter backer, do not plan to shut other players out of enjoying more gameplay mechanisms by crying in outrage of releasing pictures of exclusives to the whole world. That would be really antisocial and board gaming should be anything but!

For example, if you want to proxy the mountain giant in your Blood Rage game, feel free to! It adds a lot of strategic value to the game. However, when I play, I personally like having the respective miniatures to represent the card (or clan in Rising Sun's case) with its intended design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fox Clan is now fully unlocked. The next stretch goal is the Fire Dragon, which I also notice is not a KS exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolm wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

And that is completely okay! I, as Kickstarter backer, do not plan to shut other players out of enjoying more gameplay mechanisms by crying in outrage of releasing pictures of exclusives to the whole world. That would be really antisocial and board gaming should be anything but!

For example, if you want to proxy the mountain giant in your Blood Rage game, feel free to! It adds a lot of strategic value to the game. However, when I play, I personally like having the respective miniatures to represent the card (or clan in Rising Sun's case) with its intended design.

I agree with this post.

Unfortunately, however, it's kinda hard to proxy Blood Rage exclusives as you need the monster cards for the draft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.