Hide
6 Posts

Deep Space D-6» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Threats in one space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marius Laache
msg tools
So, I "fired up" DSD6 for the first time today. Well into the first game, I suddenly find myself with two External Threats on the #2 Threat space. How do I proceed? There's nothing in the Rules about this type of situation. For now, I'll "house rule" it, and resolve the oldest one first, but I'd love some feedback on this "issue".

Thank you to the dev for a fantastic game. It reminds me of the computer game FTL - Faster Than Light. I love that game, and being able to play it in BG-form is even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, the rules (at least on the retail version), actually state that you resolve top to bottom, left to right. It's pretty much the oldest, so you're "hack" is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Laache
msg tools
I already got the order right. My problem arises when drawing an External Threat for a space that's already occupied. An example from my first game: I hit a "level 3" Threat for 1 HP, and moved it down to #2. The next round, I draw a "level 2" Threat. My question is what happens next. Do I stack them with the oldest(or newest) card on top, lay them side by side, or replace the old card with the new one? Play time says about 30 minutes, and I used more than an hour with my "house rule" of stacking them with the oldest card on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Laache
msg tools
I just watched a couple of playthroughs on YouTube. They lay the External Threat cards side by side. I guess that's how it's meant to be played...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lackie
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I always played it that you chose the order. I seem to recall during the a playthrough I watched that's what the player did. More decision making that way.

Apparently I'm wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
New London
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

>you resolve top to bottom, left to right.

It was my understanding that the die roll to activate threat cards was resolved top to bottom, left to right.

For example, if you roll a 5, you would go through your level 4 threats, left to right, checking each threat card to see if it was triggered on a die roll of 5, and resolving the card if it was triggered.

Finish all the level 4 cards, then drop down to check the cards on level 3, left to right. If any of them are triggered, resolve then, then check the next card. Repeat that for level , then level 1.

For example, if there was a threat card at level 3 that automatically zeros out your shields, and a threat card at level 1 does two hits, and they are both activated this turn, you can't choose to resolve the level 1 card, take the two hits on your shields, and *then* resolve the level 3 card and zero out whatever shields you have left after taking the two hits from the level 1 card.

If you mean *targeting* threat cards, with the ship's weapons, presumably, you can target them in whatever order you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.