Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Mosquito Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabbi Occhialini
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Is anyone else super excited about the Oblivion Mosquito expansion? I HATE mosquitos but I love the background story that was given in the kickstarter. How do you think that the encounters gameplay will work? Do you think they will add on to the board like hinted at in the update???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
I'm really looking forwards to this one, personally of all the new content the things that excite me the most are the Scouts of Death and Encounter system that should really shake up the hunt phase, hopefully making it skill > Luck opposed to its heavy luck influence at the moment.

How do I think they will work, simple they will be shuffled into the hunt decks either the Generic ones for things like the savage bone hunters or the monster specific ones for things like the faceless, much like monsters I'd imagine they will have a level and I imagine they will have life some basic hit locations and AI cards. Its been said they will have some resources but not enough for an entire Armour set hence the Hybrid Armours being linked to there rules. Once dealt with just like any other hunt event you resume your hunt, so its going to make things risky, more rewarding but dangerous especially when your hunting higher level monsters possibly risking multiple high level encounters and then having to deal with the Quarry at the end of it.

As an aside I wonder if the large amount of human based opponents will provide a boost to Cannibalism, which would go towards balancing it and graves.

So as a list we know of 6 Encounter monsters but I suspect at least three more. Known are:
Savage Bone Hunters
Unnamed Encounter
lotus Encounter
Luna Encounter
Oblivion Pulpa
Faceless

My Guesses are:
The Gate Guardian - Its linked to a Hybrid Armour Set
Trapdoor Men - If not, then what the hell are they..
Nightmare Bees - Again A Hybrid Armour Set

OK and I also have an outside bet for another Encounter

The Screaming Horder - Simply because its a hunt event.

I'm not sure how the Dungeon monsters in the Silver city will work at all so I wouldn't like to guess but they might be Encounter type monsters though I feel they might be a bit more involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.