22 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement water tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary L

Illinois
msg tools
Found these Czech glass 12x16mm water drop shaped glass beads. Lager and heavier than the crystals that came with the game. The last photo shows all the colors you can order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
why would you replace the cool custom water tokens? they are perfectly fitting to the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You might not need to replace them but supplementing them would be SO wonderful. While you don't run out because you can always color up, the limited number of 1's makes it a more pressing need than in other games, and it's just annoying to have to change up and down between 5's and 1's on pretty much every transaction you make in a four-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
why would you replace the cool custom water tokens? they are perfectly fitting to the game

I find them somewhat difficult to pick up. If I could replace them with larger versions, I would gladly do so (and probably will relatively soon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
But then you won't be able to close the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MHindmarch wrote:

I have really had no difficulty with getting everything in the box, perhaps because I have the non-KS version (but with the miniatures in the box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
mbmbmbmbmb
I used standard glass beads for the water tokens. I can still close the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
mbmbmbmbmb
MHindmarch wrote:

I can't close the box as is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary L

Illinois
msg tools
I like the look of the original pieces but they are just too small and Light in my opinion. They are the resource that is constantly being handled and I found myself having a hard time picking them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought so too,

replaced mine with glass beads in 2 different shades of blue and they work wonderful.

Also replaced the purple and blue cubes with ones from BGG and it solved the transparency issue for me and my group as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Manansala
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
Viticulture is my #1 favorite game!!
badge
Infinity Stone Bae
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I have the Stonemaier realistic resource boxes, I used the water pails for the 1's. Easier to pick up and handle constantly. Larger glass beads is what I would use as the alternative for the 1's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
mbmbmbmbmb
CowStriker wrote:
replaced mine with glass beads in 2 different shades of blue and they work wonderful.

Also replaced the purple and blue cubes with ones from BGG and it solved the transparency issue for me and my group as well.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
Morthai wrote:

I find them somewhat difficult to pick up. If I could replace them with larger versions, I would gladly do so (and probably will relatively soon).

Agree. And the prototype water tokens are somewhat desirable for me at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beachpig wrote:
Found these Czech glass 12x16mm water drop shaped glass beads. Lager and heavier than the crystals that came with the game. The last photo shows all the colors you can order.

If there's a webshop that carries these, the link would be greatly appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these what your referring to?
http://www.firemountaingems.com/itemdetails/h207855md

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
These might work:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
realkingmiggi wrote:
Since I have the Stonemaier realistic resource boxes, I used the water pails for the 1's. Easier to pick up and handle constantly. Larger glass beads is what I would use as the alternative for the 1's.

Water pails doesn't really fit we really need some snazzy sci-fi water container that wouldn't be out of place on Arrakis.

BTW - Chronobot 61 Path of Progress 46 , I took a gamble on being able to get that double construct and was blocked on the last turn - Superproject for Chronobot and then I made it worse so what could have been a 1VP eitehr way turned into a 15 point margin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:

I didn't like those at all to be honest…

MrMzchf wrote:

I think those might be the same model as the ones provided. Maybe slightly bigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

MrMzchf wrote:

I think those might be the same model as the ones provided. Maybe slightly bigger?

The description on these says "flat back" meaning...I have also seen these on Amazon, and while pretty from the top, the flat backing might make them harder to grab and less appealing with their backs facing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyzx1 wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

MrMzchf wrote:

The description on these says "flat back" meaning...I have also seen these on Amazon, and while pretty from the top, the flat backing might make them harder to grab and less appealing with their backs facing up.

Depends on whether they mean completely flat backs, or flat over a part of the back. The included token are also flat on the back, but not over the whole back (try turning one over and you'll notice they are not the same on both sides).

But yes, if they are completely flat, with no curve in on the sides of the back, they will probably be much harder to pick up. Good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use actual water. Cheap and plentiful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary L

Illinois
msg tools
This is where I got them from:

https://baublesandbeads.com/cobalt-pear-shaped-drop-12x16mm/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.