Subject: Is this being reprinted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
It appears to be out of stock everywhere (UK) and I'm not prepared to pay the hyper inflated prices just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new one on sale on bgg market for £64.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Wapstra
Netherlands
Steenwijk
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-622-falling-sky-the-gallic-revolt-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything changing for this 2nd printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They'll probably add a comma to one of the cards and various other little corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McClure
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is a P500 game, does that mean that they won't reprint this until 500 people have committed to purchasing it on the GMT website? Is that how it works for reprints as well? I apologize for my ignorance, but I've never signed up for a P500 game before, and it seems like they have a long way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
CelestialMonkey wrote:
Since this is a P500 game, does that mean that they won't reprint this until 500 people have committed to purchasing it on the GMT website? Is that how it works for reprints as well? I apologize for my ignorance, but I've never signed up for a P500 game before, and it seems like they have a long way to go.

tl;dr: Not for reprints.

In general: once a new P500 game gets to 500 pre-orders they start talking art and production and such. However, at this point the game generally won't be considered for a slot in the production calendar until it gets to around 750 preorders. (There are always exceptions.)

For reprints it's a little different. Games slotted for reprint /will/ be reprinted. The P500 is partly a way to gauge reprint interest, and partly a way to give pre-orderers a discount.

In the case of Falling Sky I don't see it on the tentative schedule for the rest of the year ( http://myemail.constantcontact.com/-GMT-Update--February-21-... and scroll down), so the earliest I'd expect to see it would be early next year. Might get squeezed into the latter half of 2017, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about a reprint? No? :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In their May Update its scheduled for "Early 2018".
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--May-23--2017-...

Edit: But you can buy a copy on the geekmarket from Germany, Belgium or the UK. They cost about 80 to 85 Euros...

Cheers, Jonas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas21 wrote:
Edit: But you can buy a copy on the geekmarket from Germany, Belgium or the UK. They cost about 80 to 85 Euros...

Unless you are dead-set on getting this game, I'd recommend getting a different COIN game and waiting for Falling Sky to be reprinted. 80 to 85 Euros is about twice the retail price (at least in the US). The game is good, but I don't think I'd pay double the retail price for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottland wrote:
Jonas21 wrote:

Unless you are dead-set on getting this game, I'd recommend getting a different COIN game and waiting for Falling Sky to be reprinted. 80 to 85 Euros is about twice the retail price (at least in the US). The game is good, but I don't think I'd pay double the retail price for it.

I found an unplayed copy for a little less than retail price (in Sweden). Got it yesterday I don't think my girlfriend will be interested in this so I will probably play this solo. Will start with the playbook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, if it doesnt matter which conflict. I, for example, am not to keen for the other COIN games theme-wise; so its Falling Sky or nothing

Scottland wrote:
Jonas21 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas21 wrote:
You are right, if it doesnt matter which conflict. I, for example, am not to keen for the other COIN games theme-wise; so its Falling Sky or nothing

There's also Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain, coming early/mid next year. It's not the same theme, but kinda similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh yes, but I couldnt wait until next year

JazzFish wrote:
Jonas21 wrote:

There's also Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain, coming early/mid next year. It's not the same theme, but kinda similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second Chance Games in the UK have a copy. I have bought from them several times and they are very good.
https://www.secondchancegames.com:7081/index.php/ancient-med...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kissling
Switzerland
Olten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
Scottland wrote:
Jonas21 wrote:

I found an unplayed copy for a little less than retail price (in Sweden). Got it yesterday I don't think my girlfriend will be interested in this so I will probably play this solo. Will start with the playbook

Hey, congrats! Actualy I start playing today with a solo play!
Cheers, Jonas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.