Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finn Balor
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hello,

I have a game group consisting of 6 people (3 couples), but there are a lot of different tastes/preferences, so I'm trying to find something that will work for everyone.

Here is how I would describe the individuals in my group

Player 1 dislikes co-ops and prefers medium/heavy strategic, competitive games with direct conflict and lots of interaction (battles, take-that mechanics etc.)

Players 2 and 3 like medium weight games with little to no luck/ randomness. No strong preferences when it comes to conflict and interaction.

Players 4 and 5 are the most casual gamers in the group and prefer light/medium games with low rules-complexity and games that take about 1 - 1.5 hrs.

Player 6 is me, who is biggest gamer in the group and usually the one to bring out new games, explain rules etc. And my goal is just to find a game that can work for everyone and I am pretty open to any kind of game.

So any medium weight games with minimal luck/randomness that is easy to learn and finishes in under 1.5 hours? .

Thank you for any suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Baldwin City
KS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tammany Hall
Shogun

Scratch that. Those games both play up to 5 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Baldwin City
KS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Acquire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Miller
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Working through the night Jeff fixed the broken link. After being fixed the broken link became Jeff's BGG profile.
mbmbmbmbmb
Medici - Auction game
Fearsome Floors - Abstract game of sorts (at 6 players, the chaos might start to feel random)

Loosening the requirements a little and there's:
Survive: Escape from Atlantis! - will need the expansion to get to 6 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Balor
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I feel that Tammany Hall and Shogun (even if they did do 6 players) would be a bit on the heavier side. It may not work well for players 4 and 5, in my post above.

Acquire and Survive seem to be good ideas. I'll definitely look into those more.

Thank you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders - drafting and simultaneous action
Steampunk Rally - drafting and simultaneous action and dice placement
Citadels secret role selection and city building
Acquire - stocks
Chicago Express - stocks and trains. 6 players could be okay, I have played with 4 and 5 players. $15 on amazon currently.

On the lighter end of the scale, almost super-filler:
Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition)
Unnamed Object
The Resistance
TransAmerica

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.