Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
If I pass my Escape test against a Monster in my space and I use an Action to PUSH another Investigator also in my space, does the Investigator being pushed also have to roll to Escape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
No. Only actions would trigger the evade check. If you aren't performing an action you won't trigger it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not the reason, Craig.

It is correct that the Pushed investigator does not perform an evade check, whether they were willingly or unwillingly Pushed. The reason is because this type of movement is involuntary.

It is possible to get voluntary movement outside of your actions in some rare circumstances, and those methods would cause you to make an evade check.

One other thing to note about the OP's scenario... The Pushing investigator will need to make a second evade check if they wish to follow the Pushed one. The process is:

1: Declare intention to perform a Push Action.
2: Perform an evade check, stopping here if the result cancels your action.
3: Check if the one being Pushed is willing, resolve the Strength test if not.
4: If pushee is willing or the test succeeded, move the investigator.
5: If you want to also move into the destination space, resolve another evade check.
6: If you chose to and the evade check didn't cancel the movement, move into the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Larkus
Germany
Silent Hill
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even when the pushed player allows it, the movement generated by the push is seen as "involuntary" and thus does not require an evade check.

Edit: As stated above, took too long to click submit ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.