19 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blonde Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you get points for your secret objective card immeadiltely or at end of turn and what happens if 2 gets the same points at end of game.
I cant look at rulebook atm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Gurgeth wrote:
Do you get points for your secret objective card immeadiltely or at end of turn and what happens if 2 gets the same points at end of game.

SO's are claimed during the status phase and claimed at the same time with any public objective, this is resolved in player order so the first to claim would win in the case where orher people could claim enough objectives to tie, or win outrigt themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blonde Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmb
but what happends if the game ends and no one have ten points but 2 are tied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Gurgeth wrote:
but what happends if the game ends and no one have ten points but 2 are tied?

There are tiebreaker rules in the rulebook. See the "Imperium Rex Objective Card" box on page 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the advantages of taking the lower numbered strategy cards is that you get to claim your preliminary, public and/or secret objectives earlier in the status phase. This means you can sprint past another player rolling steadily to victory.

Of course with the green special objectives you can also win the game during the action phase, if you can achieve ten points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leifr wrote:

Of course with the green special objectives you can also win the game during the action phase, if you can achieve ten points.

Erm....really? I don't remember this at all....I guess I'll dig out SE rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
akinfantryman wrote:
Leifr wrote:

Erm....really? I don't remember this at all....I guess I'll dig out SE rule book.

The rule is simply "the first to X points wins". Usually this happens during the status phase when claiming Public/Secret objectives, but it can happen mid-round (with Imperial, with a couple point-giving laws, and with the Artifacts, for instance). If so, the game ends immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blonde Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmb
one more question when the end game obective card comes does the game end at the start of the turn or at the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gurgeth wrote:
one more question when the end game obective card comes does the game end at the start of the turn or at the end?

The game ends the instant the Imperium Rex card is revealed, even in the middle of a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
Gurgeth wrote:

The rulebooks are on FFG's website; if you can see the 'geek, you can see them, and it's probably a good idea to look in them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blonde Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmb
If a player is eliminated can he still win if he got most Points?
Can you use captured leaders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gurgeth wrote:

No. If a player is eliminated, he is out of the game, and cannot win or participate in any way (for example, he doesn't pick strategy cards, can't play cards like Sabotage, etc).

Quote:
Can you use captured leaders?

Not quite sure what you mean, are you asking if you can use a captured leader belonging to another player? The answer is "no" - you can only use your own 3 leaders, and if a leader is captured by another player, you can't do anything with that leader until you get it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blonde Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmb
Why not always immediatly kill leaders? Whats the point of having them captive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gurgeth wrote:
Why not always immediatly kill leaders? Whats the point of having them captive?

You can trade them back for Trade Good, or deals (withdraw from that system, attack A not B) etc and Promissory Notes.

We see them them traded quite a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Stroom
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can only kill, trade leaders during status phase. Before the Status phase begins, anyone who successfully invades your planet might free or capture one of your captured leaders leader (based on a dice roll).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:
Gurgeth wrote:
No. If a player is eliminated, he is out of the game, and cannot win or participate in any way (for example, he doesn't pick strategy cards, can't play cards like Sabotage, etc).

... although if an eliminated player is ahead on VPs at Imperium Rex the other players should feel suitably humiliated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damerell wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
Gurgeth wrote:

... although if an eliminated player is ahead on VPs at Imperium Rex the other players should feel suitably humiliated.

If that were ever to happen in one of my games, I would vote he wins; on basis of the rest of us being unworthy on account of stupidity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blonde Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmb
If u kill a war sun in a sabotage run and it carries fighters do they die before battle?
PS war suns are much kewler then death stars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
akinfantryman wrote:
damerell wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
Gurgeth wrote:

If that were ever to happen in one of my games, I would vote he wins; on basis of the rest of us being unworthy on account of stupidity.

You could call this "The Pkunk Maneuver" I guess...

Gurgeth wrote:
If u kill a war sun in a sabotage run and it carries fighters do they die before battle?
PS war suns are much kewler then death stars

No, the Sabotage Run is a precombat effect, which counts as being part of the space battle. Fighter capacity doesn't matter during space combat itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.