Hide
5 Posts

Lords of Xidit» Forums » Rules

Subject: How was this tie breaker decided? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Ross
msg tools
I took a screenshot of the final solution on a game at BGA and would love some clarification from someone who knows this game really well. Here's the picture: https://i.imgur.com/CSK3Lgh.jpg. We tied in the first round and we both had the same number of units and were in the same city when the game ended. Thoughts? The player who lost the tie breaker would have won the entire game which makes it interesting to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rulebook:

"If two or more players are tied in the Hall of Fame, the tie is broken by comparing the total number of Units behind the Screens of the players concerned. The player with the most units wins the tie. The stacked Score tokens can then be separated. If players are still tied, the player furthest from the First Player token (in the direction of play) wins the tie."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ross
msg tools
But we were in the same location/city as well, so how was I further from the first player token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NomadicJ wrote:
But we were in the same location/city as well, so how was I further from the first player token?

Further is a measure of degree, not distance. The tie breaker goes to the player who acted later in the round, thereby having less advantage than those who went earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ross
msg tools
Thank you!! I was quite confused, now I kinda feel dumb though not realizing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.