King of New York: Power Up!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some problems with the spanish translation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurgan Loathemane
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I'm reading the evolution cards for KoNY and, being a veteran of the game, I'm really having a headache to unserstand what they mean, since the translators here are worse every day.
Since they have do some free interpretations of the cards names, please, do your best to unserstand what card am I talking about.

Sheriff
Sheriff Deputy. Temp. When you are instructed to lose hearts from paws, Win Star instead losing hearts.
Can I do this for every paw from the enemy attack?

Faster of the West. If I roll at least one paw, I dont receive damage at all?

Short arm of the law. Your paws always damage your neighbours. Does this mean 'your paws also affect your neighbours? The word' always' confuses me.

Jurassic Roar. I unserstand this means that, when you use this Temp, your paws affect all enemies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you might be looking at the King of Tokyo version of the cards, instead of the King of New York cards.

metakurgan wrote:
Sheriff
Sheriff Deputy. Temp. When you are instructed to lose hearts from paws, Win Star instead losing hearts.
Can I do this for every paw from the enemy attack?
Yes. You take no damage. The KoNY version has you dealing damage to buildings instead of gaining stars.

Quote:
Faster of the West. If I roll at least one paw, I dont receive damage at all?
Yes. The English version is called "Fastest in the West" which is a play on "Fastest Gun in the West"

Quote:
Short arm of the law. Your paws always damage your neighbours. Does this mean 'your paws also affect your neighbours? The word' always' confuses me.
The KoNY version reads "Monsters in your Borough also lose [heart] from your [claw dice]."

Quote:
Jurassic Roar. I unserstand this means that, when you use this Temp, your paws affect all enemies?
The KoNY version reads "Play before resolving [skull]. You can move a Unit in your Borough to a different Borough."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurgan Loathemane
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your answers!

And what about the KoT version of these cards?
Those are the ones that are really giving me headaches.

Specially im cards like Short arm ofrece the Law (the wording confuses me) and Jurassic Roar...could anyone tell me what does the KoT version of these cards says in English? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
metakurgan wrote:
Thanks for your answers!

And what about the KoT version of these cards?
Those are the ones that are really giving me headaches.

Specially im cards like Short arm ofrece the Law (the wording confuses me) and Jurassic Roar...could anyone tell me what does the KoT version of these cards says in English? Thanks!

Jurassic Roar reads, "All other Monsters lose [heart] when you roll [claw die].

That is not great wording for a temporary card. I assume it works for the turn that you played it.

The Short Arm of the Law reads "Your [claw die] always wound your neighbors."

This wording copies a card from the original game, Fire Breath or something. By "neighbors" it means the players sitting on the left and right of you. (I removed the Fire Breath card from my deck and am disappointed to see the mechanic return. Remind me not to sit next to Sheriff.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.