Subject: Airmail Routes "network" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

The rules state that as soon as a player's network grows to include the other city listed on the Airmail Route card, he discards the card and takes $40.

The 'Place a Plane' section suggests that a player's 'network' is their planes on the map.

I'm assuming from this that to claim an Airmail Route card, the starting city and destination city do not have to be linked through adjacent cities with that player's planes. For example, could I use a medium or large plane to place a plane in the destination city and claim my Airmail card, even if the starting city and destination city are not directly linked through adjacent planes?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems reasonable to me. The air mail route gives some early incentive to go in a given direction. The larger airplanes arrive later, so perhaps there was some assumption that you would use a small airplane to make the connection. Just guessing. But I would agree with your interpretation of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
Hi!

The rules state that as soon as a player's network grows to include the other city listed on the Airmail Route card, he discards the card and takes $40.

The 'Place a Plane' section suggests that a player's 'network' is their planes on the map.

I'm assuming from this that to claim an Airmail Route card, the starting city and destination city do not have to be linked through adjacent cities with that player's planes. For example, could I use a medium or large plane to place a plane in the destination city and claim my Airmail card, even if the starting city and destination city are not directly linked through adjacent planes?

Thanks!

That's correct. As soon as you have an airplane in both the starting and destination cities, you collect the $40.

It's also important for new players to remember that players do not have to satisfy their Airmail Route card in order to win the game. It's strictly a $40 bonus for making the connection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.