Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enhancement question regarding element infusion with AoE abilities or move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
1. Is the base cost of an element infusion doubled if the enhanced card targets multiple enemies?
2. Can you enhance movement abilities with an element? Is the move keyword considered a main ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian S
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Yes. Cost is doubled for any ability with multiple targets, regardless of the type of enchantment (other than an attack hex).

2. Depends how it's written. A main ability line is the first line of an ability in the larger font.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
I disagree with (1). Putting elements out does not target ANY enemies. So I would not double it.

I would agree that upon a literal interpretation it should be doubled; but in practical terms that would just preclude the option artificially due to excessive cost with negligible gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Andersson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Fizi wrote:
I disagree with (1). Putting elements out does not target ANY enemies. So I would not double it.

I would agree that upon a literal interpretation it should be doubled; but in practical terms that would just preclude the option artificially due to excessive cost with negligible gain.

That is my thought as well, I know I could just house rule it, but I want to know how it is intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beestick wrote:
Fizi wrote:

That is my thought as well, I know I could just house rule it, but I want to know how it is intended.

I would infer the intention as how the rules are written. There are no exceptions mentioned related to the multi-target cost multiplier and element infusion modifiers, so it would seem there is no such exception.

You know that adding curse is cheaper than infusing an element, right? Save element infusions for your single target attacks or movements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lucus Trout
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added curse to the Cragheart lvl 1 card that targets 7 hexes (Dirt Tornado?). Worth every penny.
Shilling?
Ducat?

Worth 150 gold is worth it is all I'm saying. I usually get 2 curses and a kill per use, or 3 curses. Plus the muddles. It's probably my favorite card even over the higher level cards I've unlocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.