Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased the Z-Man games edition and compared all of the tiles for each of the 4 sets because the orientation of the number on one of the sets of the 3 starting Tiles (Tile 15 Diamond set) was different than Tile 15 of the three other sets (Square, Circle & Hexagon).

This became apparent because the Quick Start Version of the Rules indicates that all 4 players should orient the same 3 numbered Tiles in the same configuration, and I was using the number in the center of the tile to do so.

After doing a comparison of all the Tiles I found that the following Tiles were different from the other sets regarding the orientation of the number at the center:

Tile 6 Diamond
Tile 11 Diamond
Tile 13 Hexagon
Tile 15 Diamond
Tile 18 Diamond
Tile 20 Diamond
Tile 24 Diamond

As the number at the center has no value other than indicating the Tile to be used by all players, this should not affect game play, but I thought it might be useful to point out this information, particularly since Tile 15 is used in the Quick Start Version of the Rules and results in a different arrangement for the Diamond Tile at the start of the game.

As I do not have any other versions of this game, I cannot determine if this situation is the same in other versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a picture showing the Tiles identified in my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn F
Sweden
Kungälv
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Designer of board games with a bite...
mbmbmbmbmb
Very observant!

It should not be a problem in general, but I am sorry about the false start with the quick start scenario.

Hope you still enjoy it!

(and where is that picture?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I attempted to submit it and thought I succeeded but it does not appear.

I tried to paste a pic into the second posting but the system would not let me do it. Paste is disabled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn F
Sweden
Kungälv
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Designer of board games with a bite...
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to use "upload new geek image". The button a bit to the left of the dropdown box "Insert geek link"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3467570

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmix wrote:

done more conveniently,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.