Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Bugh
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Regarding summon point 'a'. Does a monster summon if hex 'a' is occupied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Answer:

Yup, you put him on any adjacent, unoccupied hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abother question:

Do you have to open the door to the cave to complete the scenario? It says you have to kill 5x characters worth of monsters. So if you kill that number (15 for our group of 3), does the scenario simply end and you read the conclusion? If you don't open the door to the cave, you just don't read that part I take it, as the party wouldn't know what's back there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Abother question:

Do you have to open the door to the cave to complete the scenario? It says you have to kill 5x characters worth of monsters. So if you kill that number (15 for our group of 3), does the scenario simply end and you read the conclusion? If you don't open the door to the cave, you just don't read that part I take it, as the party wouldn't know what's back there.

Yes, you got it right.
My party decided that they wanted to see what was behind the door where all of the monsters were spawning from. But, we finished before we had a chance to open 3 of the other doors.

Don't forget: spawned monsters don't drop coins. We screwed that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a pain to keep track of. But then again, maybe not. My daughters and I put a coin on the monster number on the sleeve, where the wound tokens go. So when the monster dies, we clear off the wound tokens and take the coin from its spot on the sleeve and place it where the monster was. So for spawned monsters, we will just not place a coin on the slave and we should be good to go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HitmanN
Finland
Uusikaupunki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought only summoned monsters didn't drop coins, but spawns do. If not, then I've made a few coins more money than I should have. O.o;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HitmanN wrote:
I thought only summoned monsters didn't drop coins, but spawns do. If not, then I've made a few coins more money than I should have. O.o;

Correct.

FAQ wrote:
How do you distinguish between summoned enemies and other enemies (since summoned enemies don't drop money tokens)?
You can place extra scenario tokens (grey circles) on summoned enemies if you have difficulty keeping track.

But I prefer Greg and his daughter's method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibbo wrote:
HitmanN wrote:

Correct.

Wait what?? What's the difference between spawned and summoned monsters...? I don't have the game in front of me currently - but for example:

the cultists who create living bones (and some other early-scenario bad guy who creates living bones)

I'm sure it says summoned vs. spawned on the cards... I just assumed these two terms were synonymous...

EDIT: I haven't had my second coffee yet - correct me if I'm wrong but spawned monsters are all monsters who are put on board as per the scenario book's setup picture, and summoned monsters would be like my spoiler example above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magictom1 wrote:
EDIT: I haven't had my second coffee yet - correct me if I'm wrong but spawned monsters are all monsters who are put on board as per the scenario book's setup picture, and summoned monsters would be like my spoiler example above?

Correct, and some scenarios can have monsters spawning on certain rounds at a certain location e.g. a doorway (i.e. appearing from another room)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HitmanN wrote:

P19: If the monster was placed when setting up the room (i.e., not summoned by another creature or spawned), a money token is also placed on the hex where it died.

We made the same mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
So just to make that clear, those scenario 3 monsters do spawn and therefore also drop coins just like all the other monsters that are set up in the beginning, right?

Summoning is something different, that would be the case in scenario 2.

Edit: Okay, Frank just cleared that up while I was posting, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One very large difference between Summon and Spawn:

While both need to happen in an Empty Hex, if told to Spawn a monster in a non-empty hex, you Spawn in an adjacent non-empty hex instead. If something attempts to Summon while surrounded by non-empty hexes, the Summon fails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fern
Canada
flag msg tools
Side topic for Scenario three,
when you pick up the chest and get the item design from it. Does the person who picked up the chest get a copy of the item or do both copies go into the town supply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
DeputyCF wrote:
Side topic for Scenario three,
when you pick up the chest and get the item design from it. Does the person who picked up the chest get a copy of the item or do both copies go into the town supply?

Both go into town supply, see rulebook page 43
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fern
Canada
flag msg tools
Perfect wasn't sure if it meant
only the random card designs
. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.