Days of Ire: Budapest 1956» Forums » Rules

Subject: I suspect I know the answers, but just in case..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All questions relate to the Zhukov solitary mode...

When you use an action to build a barricade in an area with a tank already in it does it get it's response shot off before the barricade is set?

Secondly, when a major event card says 'place anywhere' does it have to be on a currently empty space or can you use it to replace an event already on the board?

When a card says place a tank on a current event can you load it on to one that already has a tank on it, even if others do not have one on them?

Apologies in advance if all responses should seem self-evident!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barricades and Tanks: yes, the tank gets its shot off before the Barricade goes up, just like it gets a shot before you destroy it.

On page 4 of the Zhukov ruleset, it states that "Anywhere" events have to go on empty locations, and are discarded if there are no empty spots.

Tank placement: As I understand it, you can place tanks on a location that already has tanks unless the placing card says that you can't.

According to my session notes, after my fourth game I read the rules over again to make sure I was getting them right, and found I was making several small mistakes (all making the game a little harder). Asking is better than wondering. In fact, while I mostly answer rules questions to be helpful, it's also partly to make sure I'm getting the rules right myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ASwagman wrote:
Barricades and Tanks: yes, the tank gets its shot off before the Barricade goes up, just like it gets a shot before you destroy it.

On page 4 of the Zhukov ruleset, it states that "Anywhere" events have to go on empty locations, and are discarded if there are no empty spots.

Tank placement: As I understand it, you can place tanks on a location that already has tanks unless the placing card says that you can't.

I confirm that these answers are correct.
Thanks A Swagman!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASwagman wrote:

According to my session notes, after my fourth game I read the rules over again to make sure I was getting them right, and found I was making several small mistakes (all making the game a little harder). Asking is better than wondering. In fact, while I mostly answer rules questions to be helpful, it's also partly to make sure I'm getting the rules right myself!

You sir are a gent! My game time is between a busy snatched family / work schedule so I do not get to always bed in game time to the degree to make things second nature. Questions are the way forward sometimes and your responses are appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.