GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,950 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Miskatonic museum clarify - SPOILER rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all, have a quick clarification on the museum halls location card.. is it true each investigator has to spend 1 clue in the Halls as a group in order to put an exhibit card into play? i cant use Daisy, as an example, to horde clues and spend them herself without the assistance from Zoey, correct? zoey has to contribute a clue in the hall as well as daisy? thats pretty nasty for my 2character mission as Zoey is awful at investigating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Only the investigator spending the action can spend clues I thought?

And even if it's "as a group", such clause just allows anyone (in the listed place) to contribute, it doesn't require clues coming from multiple/every investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The location states:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
[Action] Investigators in the Museum Halls spend 1[per investigator] clues, as a group: Put the top card of the Exhibit deck into play, unrevealed.

This does not require all investigators to spend clues, it just prevents investigators not at this location from helping. When we played it Rex spent all the clues himself several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
[per investigator] never requires individual investigators to contribute. It just sets the total clues required. In a 4-player game, Daisy can spend all 4 clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure what i was thinking as I've encountered this same situation before without an issue.. the wording somehow confused me there. thanks for the quick replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H.
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Click the Wordpress link below to visit the Atlas Agency, my space for Arkham LCG reviews and videos.
badge
Click the Wordpress link below to visit the Atlas Agency, my space for Arkham LCG reviews and videos.
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I've done in this scenario - if I have an investigator who's not good at gathering clues, I may camp them in the Museum Halls and let them be the one to spend their actions to trigger Museum Halls. As long as the investigator who's actually gathering the clues ends their turn at Museum Halls, another character at that location can spend their clues for them - even if they don't have any clues to contribute themselves. That way, the high-Intellect investigators can stay focused on investigating and not have to waste actions revealing halls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.