Hide
5 Posts

Roads & Boats» Forums » General

Subject: What do average scores look like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Smothers
msg tools
Me and my friend played the first 2 player scenario and I was wondering what avg scores look like on that scenario and some of the other 2 player maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the title of that map?

Scores will generally be very map dependent and then also depend a whole lot on how fast the players push the wonder building. It's hard to gauge an average score. When I teach new players, I generally lay out this scale:

Your first couple games, your goal is to make a single stock. If you make a few stocks, you're doing great. The next level is to build an engine such that you produce a stock every round. Then 2 stocks around and so on. Mastery comes when you can not only build an engine that produces multiple stocks a round, but also time the game correctly so you can shut down and cannibalize that engine for even more points at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:

Scores will generally be very map dependent and then also depend a whole lot on how fast the players push the wonder building. It's hard to gauge an average score. When I teach new players, I generally lay out this scale:

Your first couple games, your goal is to make a single stock. If you make a few stocks, you're doing great. The next level is to build an engine such that you produce a stock every round. Then 2 stocks around and so on. Mastery comes when you can not only build an engine that produces multiple stocks a round, but also time the game correctly so you can shut down and cannibalize that engine for even more points at the end.

I'm late to this discussion, and pardon my ignorance, but I'm confused:

What good comes of cannibalizing the engine? If you are making multiple stocks per round (so we'll say 240-360 points per round, but maybe more, I can't be sure), what can you do that improves on that? Or do you just mean breaking the routine at the right time to put all of those accumulated stocks into transporter possession?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiyum wrote:
sirgalin wrote:

I'm late to this discussion, and pardon my ignorance, but I'm confused:

What good comes of cannibalizing the engine? If you are making multiple stocks per round (so we'll say 240-360 points per round, but maybe more, I can't be sure), what can you do that improves on that? Or do you just mean breaking the routine at the right time to put all of those accumulated stocks into transporter possession?

Feed the Wall and hold your points essentially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Celmins
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just scored 460 on Such a Cute Little Sea last night. Managed to set up a little Stock market engine in the corner near the mountains and use my opponent's Coal Burner to supply the fuel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.