Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua N
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the expansions for this game on KS, I've been looking more into the gameplay. I really like the theme, but one thing I like about worker placements is that it becomes more efficient to do actions over time, such as with occupations/improvements in Agricola. Question: is there anything like that here? Watching the tabletop video it seems like you're actions are almost always to take some food, some wood, some troops, or go on a raid, and the actions stay the same. Is this fair to say? Will the expansions add to this in anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is not an engine builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua N
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So do your available actions mostly stay the same as the game progresses? Would you say this is meant to be a fairly light game with some fun dice chucking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Heffernan
Australia
flag msg tools
No economy building at all, I like this game as an alternative to that type of worker placement.

It is a bit lighter than agricola, but brings in the additional skill of risk management. So its not a parallel comparison.

1 action changes each turn, there are 2-4 that change at the start of each game. Most of the actions change in value from turn to turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua N
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valcurdra wrote:
No economy building at all, I like this game as an alternative to that type of worker placement.

It is a bit lighter than agricola, but brings in the additional skill of risk management. So its not a parallel comparison.

1 action changes each turn, there are 2-4 that change at the start of each game. Most of the actions change in value from turn to turn.

Thanks! This is probably not what I'm looking for in that case but I'd love to play it. It's too bad it looks like they won't hit the stretch goal for the App version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.