Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pitts
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently got this, and the box claims there are 2 One-map scenarios, but when I read the special rules, all the scenarios seem to require 2 or more maps. Does anyone know if there are one-mappers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, there may have been a disconnect between the drafting of the box language and the final layout of the maps. In any event, I don't recall anyone developing one-map scenarios. As I recall, though, you might end up using about one map's worth of space for the first two Brandywine scenarios. They probably provide more map space than is really necessary for most of the action. It's been a while since I've seen them on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pitts
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul. I think I could probably manipulate things to arrange for a small scenario, but other games in the system (like Fontenoy) have small scenarios, so I should probably focus on those instead.

I managed to pick this up last year, and am trying to decide if I should hold on to it. There would be a lot of interest if I decided to let it go, but I fear I may regret doing so soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Hinkle
United States
Burns
Wyoming
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael--Don't let Brandywine go. It would be hard to replace!

Brandywine has two scenarios that use a full map and a half map but as Paul said, if you fold some of the parts of the full map you can condense the play area.

Here is a link to the BAR website. There you will find a file called "BAR Scenarios". That file shows information about ALL BAR scenarios for all games including map area needed and approximate playing time.

https://sites.google.com/site/battlesfromtheageofreason/home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.