One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few newbie Qs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
1. I have two open rooms showing and 2 empty spaces. I draw my 2 Time cards and the stairs show up. I have no more cards to Explore, do I have to combat one of the monster showing or can I reshuffle and move onto the next floor?

2. When combining 2 dice to become 1 Heroic Die
a) do they have to be different color
b) can you do this as many times as you have dice in one encounter? If yes, it seems there are not enough Heroic Dice provided.

3. Can Strength, Agility and Magic Skills be used as much as you can afford in one encounter? I think the answer is only once here

4. My Hero has 5 health with 4 damage. She takes 2 damage but has a potion to use. Do add up to 6 damage first and then subtract 2 for the potion to bring it to 4?

Ill have more soon...lol. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Bernier
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
1. You may descend immediately.
2. No, they may be the same color. Yes, you may do this multiple times. The six die limit is intentional.
3. No, you can only use each skill once per encounter, and you may not have duplicate skills.
4. Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
DarkJak wrote:
The six die limit is intentional.

This makes sense! Is it actually in the rules anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
koolkat67 wrote:
This makes sense! Is it actually in the rules anywhere?

Page 38:
Q: Are dice/potions/damage tokens limited?
A: Dice are limited. There are only 8 each of Agility, Strength, and Magic dice, and 6 Heroic dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
Onen Hag Oll
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus i would have though most of the time you're never going to get near that limit as the two dice you combine take the value of the lowest dice. Swapping two to gain a black '1', is never really going to amount to much.
- opinion based solely on personal experience of terrible dice rolling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilson
United States
Garden City/Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavoB wrote:
Plus i would have though most of the time you're never going to get near that limit as the two dice you combine take the value of the lowest dice. Swapping two to gain a black '1', is never really going to amount to much.
- opinion based solely on personal experience of terrible dice rolling

It does come in handy to swap two to gain a black 1; it can be used to pay for a skill that requires a specific die color of any value, such as "Dodge" or "Cleave". (For example if you have a blue 1 and a yellow 1, and you combine them to use a black 1 to activate the Consistency skill.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
DarkJak wrote:

4. Correct.

One page 10 it says if the hero has any many damage tokens as health, the game is over.

One page 31 it says you can use a potion after taking damage for 2 health to prevent losing. I take that as the damage took you to zero at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.