Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Cycle of Eternity: 2-player case! (minor spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Andrikopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since our group is not very keen on cooperative games, me and my SO decided to give the 1st scenario a try. (we did once before with 5 people but we failed miserably).

I chose William Yorrick and she chose Minh Tah Pin (I am sure I spelled that wrong) and although their abilities turned out to be really helpful, we had no clue about them at the beginning!

NOTE: I am known to be terrible at getting good dice results while my partner is really lucky.

Fortunately, the mansion layout was different this time so the element of surprise was still there. The session started smoothly and thanks to the app giving William his Brass Knuckles as a starting item, he had no trouble defeating the first monsters that got in his way, collecting some clues on the way. So William focused more on monster slaying and NPC-interacting while Minh checked the place out and found evidence and items.

As most of you know though, things don't stay good for a long time in the Mansion so the Mythos phases did us a great harm by giving out damage and horror without asking for a test first. Couple this with William breaking BOTH his arms and forcing him to drop most of his items, the situation seemed bad,

A few turns later (very few in our minds) the arch-villain came out of his hiding place, having finished his job, and moved toward the investigators. Fortunately William used a revolver to take him out and then in a few swift moves, he and Minh tried to counter reverse the villain's actions! After a few tries they made it and got out of the mansion in one piece!

All in all, the session went more smoothly than our first run although with only 2 investigators our choices seemed restrained. It was a very interesting playthrough and we plan to tackle the rest of the scenarios soon enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuka 75
France
flag msg tools
Re: Cycle of Eternity: 2-player case!
Good job ! It is not so easy to win when you arrive after some time in the final room.
Consider indicating on the thread title that it contains some spoiler thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Andrikopoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, title corrected!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.