tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Huffstetler
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
OMG..... I never dreamed this would be possible in my life-time! Cool video, thank you so much for sharing!

Is that the tabletop simulator or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Reddick
msg tools
All my own code built using Unity and HoloLens. Probably about 75% of the rules are implemented and it is actually playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Durand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow!
Firstofall, gimme your kitchen.
Then, what an impressive game you made! Guys built religions with far less magic
Armada players, bend the knee, Gene Reddick is your master now.

How do you deal with the heigth and ship movements, manoeuver tool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Reddick
msg tools
Thanks! I have lost nearly every Armada game I have played so I need to achieve mastery some other way. :-)

Scaling required a lot of trial and error. I eventually settled on a 2X virtual model to physical model size. At 1:1 the ships were a bit too small to select, and the squadrons kept getting lost. After that it was a combination of physically measuring the models and referencing various online sizes charts and then checking that, once imported they looked roughly right in relationship to the physical base (now placed in a virtual cube).

The maneuver tool was similar, measuring each joint and scaling it, and then measuring the angle at each tick. And then more trial and error to try and both preserve the game play of the physical maneuver tool while translating it to 3D and making the ship movement feel somewhat organic to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.