Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

D-Day Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Game Component: What is it for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ale V
msg tools
Hi everyone!

I recently bought the game and it had this component inside the box: http://imgur.com/eaSwm26.

Anyone know what it's for? Any help is appreciated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bballchick wrote:
Hi everyone!

I recently bought the game and it had this component inside the box: http://imgur.com/eaSwm26.

Anyone know what it's for? Any help is appreciated.


Some scenarios use those tokens.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bballchick wrote:
Hi everyone!

I recently bought the game and it had this component inside the box: http://imgur.com/eaSwm26.

Anyone know what it's for? Any help is appreciated.

Where did you get the game in the first place? I thought it was out of print for a while.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
I have bought the game through the first kickstarter and I haven't gotten any tokens that look like that (I have other tokens).
Where exactly did you get your game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DisOrd3r wrote:
I have bought the game through the first kickstarter and I haven't gotten any tokens that look like that (I have other tokens).
Where exactly did you get your game?


I also have a kickstarter version and i have the same tokens...

I think i used them once in a game. They are pretty pointless as unless you have the memory of a jellyfish, they are uneeded.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They are to remind you of the specific rules to follow in the game. I think some maps have you roll a D6 to see which of 6 options you'll be using.

Where's the app for this game btw.? Whoever owns the IP get your act together, it would make for a great app game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Whoever owns the IP get your act together..


I have a feeling you are going to wait a very long time...

We'll see HeroQuest, Dune and Star Wars Queen's gambit back in stores before DDay Dice i'm afraid.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good day all
I did manage to get a KS copy too of the game, but I wonder how and when would you use all the KS exclusive cards on the game. Can they be use as you like or are them assigned to a specific scenario?
Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All the KS cards are always available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah thank you for your quick reply, I am abusing of your time once more: are KS cards also those with a USB like symbol on the top left card like Vehicle card SCOUT CAR and Regular Item card SWEETHEART PIN with a small 5 stars?
Many thanks again
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The components with the USB symbol (actually a trident) are from Operation: Neptune. The ones from KS have the Kickstarter "K" on them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
The components with the USB symbol (actually a trident) are from Operation: Neptune. The ones from KS have the Kickstarter "K" on them.
Doh! So ignorant! I'm assuming then the one with 5 small five stars forming a pentagon are related to a different mission/scenario
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geneprio wrote:
Amiral wrote:
The components with the USB symbol (actually a trident) are from Operation: Neptune. The ones from KS have the Kickstarter "K" on them.
Doh! So ignorant! I'm assuming then the one with 5 small five stars forming a pentagon are related to a different mission/scenario


5 stars are from the Distinguished Service Pack, which was a KS exclusive (it was actually packaged with the bonus KS cards), so these cards are part of the KS stuff, and are available on all maps, 24/7.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.