Popular Tags: Obvious_scam_is_obvious [+] [View All]
Jamie Kessinger
United States
Smiths Grove
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A third party seller is selling new copies of Patchwork on Amazon for $4.66 plus shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00RCCAPPE/ref=dp_ol...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reilly
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, great price. Wonder if it's a typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WK Chen

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a scam. All of his items are the same price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just launched, and everything is that price. Stay away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slate Nuss
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scam, do not buy this. Read this[thread=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1744115/pandemic-legacy-389...][/thread] for more info on amazon scams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Kessinger
United States
Smiths Grove
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
w3chen99 wrote:
It's a scam. All of his items are the same price.

Thanks for the heads up. Annoying scammers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever want to know if an Amazon seller is a scam, click on their name. They all have the same profile message:

"[Seller Name] is committed to providing every customer with the highest standard of customer service."

It's true. They've all got it (at least the ones who scam board games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
If you manage to click exactly on my avatar's eye, you will win a special prize! Be careful though, as the penalty for missing it is severe.
mbmbmbmbmb
However the estimated delivery is march 17-22. Usually the scams are a month or two later. I still think its a scam, but I'm just saying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
If you ever want to know if an Amazon seller is a scam, click on their name. They all have the same profile message:

"[Seller Name] is committed to providing every customer with the highest standard of customer service."

EVERY seller has that as default, though. I don't think I ever found out how to change it on my own profile page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do scams like this even work for the scammer? It seems like Amazon isn't going to release funds until after some positive feedback starts to develop. And between credit card and Amazon buyer protection, the seller can't possibly get much of anything, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
If you manage to click exactly on my avatar's eye, you will win a special prize! Be careful though, as the penalty for missing it is severe.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
Do scams like this even work for the scammer? It seems like Amazon isn't going to release funds until after some positive feedback starts to develop. And between credit card and Amazon buyer protection, the seller can't possibly get much of anything, right?

I know for a fact that eBay doesn't release payments until the item had been delivered for new sellers. I'm sure Amazon has some similar policy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Alextnorris wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:

I know for a fact that eBay doesn't release payments until the item had been delivered for new sellers. I'm sure Amazon has some similar policy

It's more like payments are the second week after shipping. To give buyers time to register a complaint. As a sometimes Amazon seller I'm not sure what the benefit of this scam is, except maybe harvesting email details or something. Odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiwolf wrote:
rlux202 wrote:

EVERY seller has that as default, though. I don't think I ever found out how to change it on my own profile page.

Ha, ha. You're right. The scammers are everywhere. Bastards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Fergin
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
Homer Simpson
badge
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
mbmbmbmbmb
DEAD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Babanov
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
They just launched, and everything is that price. Stay away.

Just launched, no ratings, large number of unrelated items in the store == scam gulp Amazon is horribly inept at shutting these down.

My way to bring more attention to these is to put a 100 items into cart and leave them there until the scammer is shut down. Bonus - no buying random junk for a few days (or weeks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin, if there's a late ship date, then Amazon may not deal with the complaint until after the ship date because it's not overdue. If the payment is due to the seller before then, then the seller has the money from Amazon before they have technically defaulted on the deal.

That's how it worked on the one scam that I purchased once.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, how does leaving items in your cart bring attention to this?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just report the seller. Most fraudulent accounts are closed and all items removed within 24 hours. There's no reason to use a more indirect method if you truly want to protect the community. Clearly the scam continues to draw attention/marks despite being repeatedly well-documented.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
Kevin, if there's a late ship date, then Amazon may not deal with the complaint until after the ship date because it's not overdue. If the payment is due to the seller before then, then the seller has the money from Amazon before they have technically defaulted on the deal.

That's how it worked on the one scam that I purchased once.

Lee

Not sure how. I cannot get paid until after I've confirmed shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

I think the scammer does confirm shipping. He did for me, but it's a lie. He hasn't shipped anything. But the anticipated package receipt date is scheduled after the Amazon payment release date. That's how it was explained to me, and Amazon stayed on course even after I told them that I thought it must be a scam because of the bogus shipping confirmation data.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet but this is a scam........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.