Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Factory card Move action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Stewart
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When choosing the Move action on the Factory cards, do you get to move one, and only one mech/character an extra space, or is it your normal Move action plus one extra hex for one of your plastics? That is to say, if you have the Move upgrade deployed plus the Speed mech out, can you move two mechs two hexes and one three, or simply move one mech thrice?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Dueck
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your move upgrade applies to all mech or character moves, regardless of whether it is the Move action or the Factory action.

The Factory action is for one unit to move two spaces, +1 space if you have the appropriate mech upgrade revealed.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Factory card Move action, you get to move the same unit twice (2 territories). If you have the Speed ability for your mechs/character, you may use the Factory card Move action to move your mech or character a total of 3 territories.

If you're specifically talking about an upgraded Move action on your player mat, it is not related at all to the Move action on a Factory card (they're two completely separate actions).
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't make myself clear I think. What I'm saying is: I only get to move a single plastic piece, correct? It's not a normal Move action wherein I can move two (maybe three) plastics, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zamoose wrote:
I didn't make myself clear I think. What I'm saying is: I only get to move a single plastic piece, correct? It's not a normal Move action wherein I can move two (maybe three) plastics, right?


Almost correct! Factory move lets you move any one piece two spaces (it doesn't have to be plastic piece).

Please note, a normal move also lets you move any 2 (or 3 if upgraded) pieces, not just plastic pieces. The only thing related to move that is limited to plastic pieces is the +1 move from building your speed mech.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
The only thing related to move that is limited to plastic pieces is the +1 move from building your speed mech.

There's other move-related plastic-only upgrades like riverwalk.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget that a mech can carry workers. So if you use your factory move to move a mech two hexes (or three if you have Speed), you can pick up and drop off workers along the way as well.

However, a factory move is for one unit only - mech or character - to move two hexes (plus one if you have Speed), which is indicated by the two move icons being in the same green rectangle - whereas a normal move action has each move icon in its own green square, indicating individual moves which must be used by different units (mech or character).

Have I made it more confusing now?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oliverkinne wrote:
Also don't forget that a mech can carry workers. So if you use your factory move to move a mech two hexes (or three if you have Speed), you can pick up and drop off workers along the way as well.

However, a factory move is for one unit only - mech or character or worker - to move two hexes (plus one if you have Speed), which is indicated by the two move icons being in the same green rectangle - whereas a normal move action has each move icon in its own green square, indicating individual moves which must be used by different units (mech or character or worker).

Have I made it more confusing now?


To clarify, move actions are for mechs, characters and workers!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WilbertK wrote:
reverendunclebastard wrote:
The only thing related to move that is limited to plastic pieces is the +1 move from building your speed mech.

There's other move-related plastic-only upgrades like riverwalk.


Correct! I should have clarified that mech upgrades related to moves only apply to plastic pieces but all other move actions (on your board or on the factory card) apply to mechs, characters and workers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
oliverkinne wrote:
Also don't forget that a mech can carry workers. So if you use your factory move to move a mech two hexes (or three if you have Speed), you can pick up and drop off workers along the way as well.

However, a factory move is for one unit only - mech or character or worker - to move two hexes (plus one if you have Speed), which is indicated by the two move icons being in the same green rectangle - whereas a normal move action has each move icon in its own green square, indicating individual moves which must be used by different units (mech or character or worker).

Have I made it more confusing now?


To clarify, move actions are for mechs, characters and workers!


Very good point about move also applying to workers. Sorry. I was getting too hung up about the Speed mech being in play - and Speed only applies to mechs or characters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.