Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decided to slip Mint Works in my pocket after my wife asked if I wanted to meet some friends for happy hour on Friday. After dinner, one friend mentioned wanting to play a game we had learned separately growing up in the Midwest, Euchre. I casually said, "Well, I do have this game in my pocket" to which my wife replied, "No, you didn't!" (she knew what I had sneaked in to the bar) I produced the small tin tucked in next to my car keys and began teaching my three opponents the beauty of this little game.

After the first round, they all had the rules memorized. It was a tight game, where nobody fell far behind. With long tables at the bar, a nearby patron asked what we were playing and gave the rules a quick look. In the end, it came down to my wife nearly winning with six stars but being blocked at the Supplier from purchasing her final plan and someone else unknowingly getting eight stars to be victorious.

I have a feeling, Mint Works will be joining me the next time I'm invited to HH with the wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I'd totally do the same thing with this game. Mint Works is definitely my 'travel' game when I go places. It's constantly floating between my work desk and my vehicle, though I've only got to pull the game out in the break room on occasion but when I did, I got a bunch of co-workers interested in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Up until that point, I had been playing almost strictly solo games with one two-player game with a co-worker. I now know how perfect this little game is as a "travel" companion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.