Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that, "Each Chapter will list what Agent and Minion Cards
to use."

But, we get a bunch of extra agents (and it looks like a couple of extra minions) as KS exclusives.

Can these be used in the base game, or can they only be used in the KS exclusive scenarios?

I get that most of the agents and minion cards are double sided to add some variance.

But, I'm hoping the nemesis player can pick some "open groups" of their choice to make the scenarios more interesting / different / replayable. But, I couldn't find anything about this in the rules.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some talk that each scenarios gives you the default agent/minions to use but that you could swap them out as desired. However, this was just a something that the game designer said, and I don't believe it was officially announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wan
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think there are specific rules regarding that, if game balance is a must-have in your game group; if adhering to the story is a huge part of the group.

However, if your group wants to do a one-off scenario with off-balance gameplay or something, theres no real reason why you shouldn't.

I believe update 53 on the KS page discusses this a bit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bene D
Germany
flag msg tools
But there is no official rule regarding implementing the KS-exclusive Agents? Thats a mess, because than they are quite worthless..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Blumenring wrote:
But there is no official rule regarding implementing the KS-exclusive Agents? Thats a mess, because than they are quite worthless..

There is an entire page (Pg. 6) in the Kickstarter Arcanist book that specifically says how to do this.

The page with the big font that says INCORPORATING NEW AGENTS INTO YOUR GAME.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bene D
Germany
flag msg tools
Doh! Now Im feeling stupid. Really. Stupid. I just read the rules – not the Aracanist book, because I thought it only contains scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.