Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who have used the added, or new, tile... is it worth adding to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize this post was from 11 months ago - but in case people are wondering about the expansion a couple of points:

1) It's in the BGG store - so easy peasy to get.

2) I think both sides add a lot to the play. First off, the Magic board allows players to utilize good cards that might not be part of their current strategy - thus minimizing being at the mercy of the cards. The fact that you can split the movements as you see fit, when scoring the board, also adds to the strategy. The fact that you move your discs in reverse order (so 3rd player goes first, 2nd player next and the highest player on the magic board choosing last) is very clever - and strategic.

3) The Gallantry variant is also nice as it gives the player control over what "bonus" he/she would like. Again, anything that gives the players more advocacy (i.e. meaningful decisions) is something that always lends itself to more strategy and less random chance.

So, definitely worth having, as it adds another layer of strategy and meaningful decisions and takes out some of the "luck of the draw". Too often in drafting games, you simply are at the mercy of hoping you get cards (or are passed cards) that fit with your strategy. The Gallantry board (and it's new variation) and the Magic board help mitigate that to an extent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.