Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Personal Quest Scenario Unlock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nat Edson
msg tools
My search-fu has failed me so I apologize if this has already come up.

Several personal quest cards require you to do X and then unlock a specific scenario and complete it. For example:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Seeker of Xorn requires you to complete three crypt quests, then unlock and complete another one.

When we first strayed we assumed that the scenario on the card had to come up naturally. I.e., unlocking it was part of the requirements. But I was doing some bookkeeping and now I'm wondering if the scenario is unlocked (and can in fact ONLY be unlocked, via the personal quest by doing the X thing on said quest card.

So, if anyone could elucidate? My assumption is we did it wrong and this is super obvious, but I'm hoping for some confirmation.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For quest cards 510, 513, 521, 526, and 529, I have to fulfill some condition and then unlock a scenario. Does the scenario unlock automatically once the condition is fulfilled or do I have to do something else to unlock it?
The scenario is unlocked when you fulfill the condition. You don't need to do anything else to unlock it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those type of quests, once you complete X scenarios of a type, the numbered scenario is unlocked automatically. You then need to finish it (and any others in that chain) to complete the quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Edson
msg tools
MrTroy wrote:
For quest cards 510, 513, 521, 526, and 529, I have to fulfill some condition and then unlock a scenario. Does the scenario unlock automatically once the condition is fulfilled or do I have to do something else to unlock it?
The scenario is unlocked when you fulfill the condition. You don't need to do anything else to unlock it.

Bugger all. I read through the FAQ repeatedly and never saw that.

Lol Like I said, painfully obvious. This is why we double check. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are perhaps two people in the world who know everything in the FAQ, and one of them designed the game!

I transcribed the FAQ to the wiki to try to help its readability, but also in aspiring to become the third person. Not there yet ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Gass-Donnelly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Does that particular character have to complete those quests or the party? Because we have already completed all the crypts and now we have a new character with the quest card that required us to complete the crypts. Do they automatically succeed at their retirement quota (Seek of Xorn)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
3ldfilms wrote:
Does that particular character have to complete those quests or the party? Because we have already completed all the crypts and now we have a new character with the quest card that required us to complete the crypts. Do they automatically succeed at their retirement quota (Seek of Xorn)

The character with the quest him/herself has to be in the party when a scenario was completed for it to count. You'll have to replay those scenarios if there are no uncompleted ones available. It's an unfortunate outcome, though there's nobody stopping you from house ruling if it's what you prefer ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
msg tools
Once the quest scenario unlocks, it is necessary to complete the scenario chain before doing anything else? Or are you able to do scenarios unrelated to the personal quest until you decide that you want to retire the character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can continue doing other scenarios for as long as you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.