Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean K
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Here's what I was going to pick up-
Force awakens starter set
Slave 1
Heroes of the resistance (Poe X-wing and Falcon)

Is there anything else you'd recommend picking up to start with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you planning to have any particular main faction or just want a small collection for casual play?

Slave 1 isn't really that good for Imperials. It's significantly better for Scum (better pilots for it) but you'd need more Scum ships to fly with it.

If your intent is to have something to "balance" Heroes of the Resistance you could consider Imperial Veterans as an alternative, or a Decimator if you specifically want a large ship. Depending on how the points shake out you will likely need one more Imperial ship as an equivalent to Poe's X-Wing, or else you can leave one starter set X-Wing out instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you aren't doing tournaments, Slave 1 is fine for casual gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Winnefeld
Germany
Hannover
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With this you could build a nice 100 point rebel list, but you would just barely have enough Imperial stuff to match it. I would recommend at least one more small Imperial fighter - maybe another Tie/fo or a regular Tie Fighter. You could also switch out the Slave 1 for the Upsilon Shuttle for a Rey vs Kylo Ren setup if you like Episode VII. Have fun flying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crian
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The 'box sets' are generally the best value - Imperial Veterans and Aces, Rebel Aces, and Heroes of the Resistance.
Are you planning to play with other people who have their own stuff, or will you supply all the stuff for friends.
If you'll be playing with people who have their own stuff, you might be better off focusing on one faction for a bit.
If you'll be supplying all the stuff, make sure you can build 100 point lists for both sides - probably through getting the core set, HotR, an imperial box set, and possibly another imperial ship (maybe a Tie interceptor, or defender).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kelly
United States
Twentynine Palms
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial Veterans would be a nice addition for you. Countess Ryad with the x7 title would be a very strong addition for the Imperial player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice would be: duct tape your wallet shut now, or kiss it goodbye for the next couple years - the acquisition disorder this game inspires is monumental. You'll end up wanting to get one of each, and possibly multiples down the road, but just take it slow and figure out what you like before *mistakes are made*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a fine start. After you play a few, then you might look into some others to flesh out your army building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean K
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the advice everyone! I will mainly be playing casually with my kids, so I need enough for enough for both sides. I want to give them some fun options so they can pick some ships they like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
raddoc wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone! I will mainly be playing casually with my kids, so I need enough for enough for both sides. I want to give them some fun options so they can pick some ships they like.

In casual play, you really can't go wrong with just getting the ships you think are neat. Every ship offers something interesting.

I think the original core set, Millennium Falcon and Slave I are a great way to start. Add Rebel Aces and Imperial Aces to quickly expand your options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raddoc wrote:
Here's what I was going to pick up-
Force awakens starter set
Slave 1
Heroes of the resistance (Poe X-wing and Falcon)

Is there anything else you'd recommend picking up to start with?

Looks good, but definitely throw in another small Imperial ship or two, to make up the points and give the Imps some variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.