Subject: Foamcore Organization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian P
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
I posted this in the storage thread, but it got a bit buried, and I just beat the Chronobot, so I'm in a good mood and wanted to share again, with some more visibility.

Anyway, after seeing someone post a foam core insert for the game (http://imgur.com/a/kFoiJ), I decided to take a stab at it myself, based partially on their design.

Here's my version:

The exo suits go on top, since I'll be getting them out each game, putting them on the bottom seemed messier.

The player boards are next, with most of the pieces being obvious around those.

The tins hold all the player pieces (including the hexo-suits in case anyone feels the need to play with those instead).

I made some simple tuck boxes for the expansion cards and the small cards using the tuck box generator. (http://tuckbox.ferociousweb.com/?action=CreateAccount)

All the boards are underneath, as well as a bag for the cardboard resources that aren't used.

Overall this took 1 sheet of foam core and 1 sheet of poster board, plus the tins. It did take quite a bit of time, but it greatly reduces set up time, so I'm happy with it, even if it doesn't look as pretty as the MR insert will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you add the word medium after the id in the image tag, the images are shown at a more useful size

Like this:

You can also write large, but then they might be a bit too big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
Thank you, I didn't know that. Edited the original post with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex michaud
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do youhave the measurement to make it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, I don't. It was created mostly on the fly by measuring the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
Denmark
Danmark
flag msg tools
That's right. I've got overtext, b****!©
badge
What did I just say?
mbmbmbmbmb
The devider in the water-box is quite cleaver. I just might steal that idea. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
Fodskammel wrote:
The devider in the water-box is quite cleaver. I just might steal that idea. ninja

Haha Glad you like it.

Some others had asked for the dimensions, so I decided to gather that information if anyone still cares.

Ok, so here are the basic dimensions of things...

(l x w x h)

Building tray:
235mm x 40mm x 50mm

Collapse Tiles Tray:
175mm x 30mm x 50mm

Power Core/Anomaly Tray:
125mm x 60mm x 15mm

Neutronium and Uranium (each):
65mm x 60mm x 15mm

Gold and Titanium (each):
65mm x 60 mm x 25mm

1p tray:
60mm x 60mm x 25mm

5p tray:
65mm x 60mm x 25mm

Water tray:
80mm x 80mm x 20mm

Research Tray:
80mm x 80mm x 35mm

Timeline / Leader Cards tray:
130mm x 75mm x 55mm

---
Engineer and Scientist Trays (each):
60mm x 27mm x 20mm

Genius and Administrator Trays (each):
40mm x 27mm x 20mm

Those trays are topped with a U-shaped upside-down tray that serves as a lid. It's dimensions are:
200mm x 27mm x 20mm

The lid covers the gap between the worker trays and the sheet of poster board the mini tray sits on, to stop the workers from spilling out. Alternatively, you can just make the worker trays 40mm tall.
---

As stated above, there is a piece of thin poster board that goes over whole thing, to create a flat area for the mini-tray to sit on. It's dimensions are:
410mm x 280mm x 2mm

Hope that helps in some way.
-Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to my solution - except that I found that I had a few plastic boxes that turned out to be precisely the right size to fit in one of the spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.