Subject: Hate! (a Pride Sins card) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Larsen

Hørsholm
Denmark
msg tools
Hate!
Place this card in any space with an altar. If you end the round with 3 or more Monsters there, raise the Apocalypse Track by 1.

I can't seem to find anything in the rules that states that this card, doesn't stay in the same place for the full length if the game. Am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fumo65 wrote:
Hate!
Place this card in any space with an altar. If you end the round with 3 or more Monsters there, raise the Apocalypse Track by 1.

I can't seem to find anything in the rules that states that this card, doesn't stay in the same place for the full length if the game. Am I right?

It is only for the round in which it is played. At the end of the round, it is resolved and discarded. Per the rules page 24: "each Sin card should be kept in front of the Sins Players, and kept there until the end of the Turn. When the next Hero starts his Turn, move that Sin Card to the discard pile. and The Sins player can only play a Sin Card at the moment indicated on it, executing the effect described in the card and then discarding it.

In actual play, one usually keeps Hate! on the board so no one forgets about it, but the card is discarded technically. In fact, if say the Sin player had NO cards left and had to draw a new one, Hate! should be reshuffled into the Sin card deck, making it possible for it to be played twice in a single round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Nilsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
I would say it can be inferred from the wording of the card itself, that the card only lasts for one round;

"If you end the round with 3 or more Monsters there, raise the Apocalypse Track by 1."

If it would stay for the duration of the game, it would probably have said "any round" or something similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Larsen

Hørsholm
Denmark
msg tools
Thank you. This one makes the most sense for me. This card clearly contradicts the rules on page 24, because it's effect is activated at the end of the round - and not the turn it was played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.