- Gorm
- Dragon King
- Slenderman

- Gryphon
- Black knight
- red Witches
- Nightmare Ram
- Campaigns of Death

I have money for one more addon and I was thinking about flower knight but I am not convinced

Anyone can help me choose my last addon ?

one more thing worth mentioning - I don't have any addon right now and I have gambler chest pledged already

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong but Campaigns of Death incorparates all of the existing add ons to 3 different Campaigns, so having all 12 would be good. Maybe I am wrong, maybe somebody can comment on that.

You should also say what add ons you own at the moment, if any.

But without further information I would recommend some Wave 2 expansions like the Dung Beetle Knight or Gorm. Gorm is "Node 1" so you will fight him more often than for example any of the Nemesis like Slenderman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Unless I'm mistaken the red witches directly interact with the pariah expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for quick response

Right now I don't have any addons.

AS for the campaigns - I am afraid that all expansions are required but there is no such information about this and I am planning to buy all of the expansions later

As for the red witches - It's written that they have planned interaction with other expansions but I believe they are not required

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
What about the Screaming god or Ivory Dragon to add a extension to the length of your campaigns?

Or the Oblivion Mosquito to add two more encounters to your game as these could help provide a wider range of showdowns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about them as well

But I am not sure whether I would like to have those addons which extend a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have it as part of your pledge, you should consider the Gambler's Chest. It has the advanced rulebook, 2 nemeses, 2 different encounters and a lot of miniatures (with additional gear, fighting arts etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The4thJawa wrote:
If you don't have it as part of your pledge, you should consider the Gambler's Chest. It has the advanced rulebook, 2 nemeses, 2 different encounters and a lot of miniatures (with additional gear, fighting arts etc.)

Got gambler already It's a must buy for KDM I think

I should put that information in the first post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
The4thJawa wrote:

+1 to this, the Gamblers chest has a huge amount of rules/expansion content within it. It's one of the things I'm most excited for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsonsun wrote:
What about the Screaming god or Ivory Dragon to add a extension to the length of your campaigns?

Or the Oblivion Mosquito to add two more encounters to your game as these could help provide a wider range of showdowns.

We don't know yet how encounter system will work.
Also, if it adds a showdown before a showdown, it could be a real nuisance with the added fiddliness (of course, there might be some way to make it a smooth transition, but luckily I don't have to write that system ).

Anyway, let's not assume that this is how it will work, for now, ok? If the system sounds goods but plays horrible, Poots will change that a number of times before being satisfied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaigns of Death description says it does include short form campaigns, as well. Though it does also very clearly say that it will only include custom campaigns for the existing 12 expansions. So even these short campaigns will only include the expansions available from 1.0.

The real value, in my opinion, is the guidance in how to create your own custom campaigns and the extra game content it comes with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm hallucinating smiley faces.

It seems like there's one on every line.

I'd get the Dung Beetle Knight or the Flower Knight as your last add-on,
since you'll get it a LOT sooner than any new expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
I think I'm hallucinating smiley faces.

It seems like there's one on every line.

I'd get the Dung Beetle Knight or the Flower Knight as your last add-on,
since you'll get it a LOT sooner than any new expansion.

Well that's true with smileys, too much of them

I've decided to take frogdog because of early quarry and screaming god because of campaign extension. (Thanks Crimsonsun )

But I will buy Dung Beetle as soon as possible and as soon as my wallet will recover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loïc THUILLIER
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if I was you, I push out slenderman and take DBK and FK

DBK is currently at a very good price.

not sure about the campaign of death with few for moment, but as you target to buy more after, sound ok and can be possibly usable, at least a part of it.

ok for frogdog.

but not sure about campaign extension. for me they need to have first hero, and I think Abyssal Wood / Inverted Mountain / Silver City look more sexy and deep than ivory dragon / screaming god.
I would have certainely take one of this 3 in my pledge.

I think I had do :
- Dragon King
- Gorm
- FK
- DBK
- Spidicules (for abyssal wood)

- Abyssal Wood
- (Gryphon or nothing)
- Nightmare ram
- (honeycomb &/or black knight &/or frogdog)

that's already 3 or 4 big campaigns + littles ones
and for nemesis, wait later (plus u have 2 in GC, one in DK campaign, one or 2 in Abyssal Wood)

personaly I did my choices around the 3 big expacs. what I want the most and what I can take now.
but if you love slenderman for example, just take it ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Loïc

Perfect answer

Hmm I like slenderman and mechanics which are included with him.

I was thinking about DBK but I will have Dragon Knight and one more hunt for late game.

As for the screaming god - I love the sculpt And I think I would give a credit to check this campaign extension ;-)

But your post was very good and gave me few more thoughts about what I am going to take

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biff Drinkwater
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd drop campaigns of death since it sounds like it will mainly work with the original expansions and you're only getting 3 of those. Then I'd add either the Gambler's Chest or one or more of the original expansions that appeals to you. I'd say the original expansions are a significantly better value than the new ones simply because you'll be getting them much sooner.

If you want a new expansion I'd go with first hero. It's both cheap and sounds like it will change the game quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moll
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Get Dung Beetle Knight if your not sold on prissy le flores and want thst camp book

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.