Dead Men Tell No Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deckhand Impact on Game Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Cas
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I was playing the other night and my question is, if a tile does not have any items you need to pick up and the tile does not have 3 deckhands, why would you ever take a deckhand off unless they are at a trap door? Since deckhands only spread if there are fewer of them on the adjacent tiles than at the trapdoor the easiest way to stop the spread is to just take them off of the trapdoor and leave them on the adjacent tiles. Then it'll be a while before you draw two revenge cards that add deckhands on trapdoors.

Am I missing something? Maybe I just had a fluke game but my team just took away the deckhands at the trapdoors and then we only needed to take them off if a token was in the room that we needed.

Thanks ahead of time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You read the rules correctly and are playing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually clear deckhands off tiles they can spread from first.

Don't forget that you can lose by running out of deckhands though - you may want to keep a buffer of deckhands available in case you get a rough patch of deckhand card draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You understand the rules correctly and have discovered a good strategy. Just don't run out of deckhands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.