3 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Numenera» Forums » General

Subject: Gameplay clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wynther Knight
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently got a hold of this game and I'm not sure if I'm understanding the gameplay, but I just need to know this: if you don't enter the dungeon to fight monsters or do anything, nothing will happen? Are the monster only there, waiting for you to fight, kill and get exp?

To clarify, the games that I have before this one are Legendary Marvel, Shadowrun Crossfire, and Attack on Titan. Those 3 games have an "active AI" (so to speak) that even if you remain passive, the game will still move forward and in the process kill you. Legendary Marvel, the villains escape and the mastermind will fulfill his scheme. Shadowrun crossfire, the enemies and crossfire cards will kill you and your mission will fail. Attack on Titan, the Titans will destroy the city.

I guess I was hoping that TSA:N would have an active AI, but like I mentioned, I may not fully understand the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a non-solo game, yes, the dungeon is static. Under solo rules, it'll move to create the pressure (similar to Marvel). In non-solo, you're not fighting against the dungeon per se, you're up against the other players, if someone is hitting the dungeon early and often, it's probably in your best interest to start hitting it too or risk losing out on VPs and XP.

Of those DBGs you mentioned, I've only played Marvel, but TS isn't like that, it's not semi-co-op (some even play Marvel full co-op), hence no way/reason for the game itself to win. You're not fighting the game, you're throat-punching the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynther Knight
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that did clarify it. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.