BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found my game in there and there are boxes on the right "revise" "withdraw" - what is the significance of that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Your question was answered by Werbear in this thread: I added a new game. When will it be posted? What is it you are still unclear about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
Your question was answered by Werbear in this thread: I added a new game. When will it be posted? What is it you are still unclear about?
Hi Kathrin
No - it wasn't answered - I replied to the "answer" and clarified the question but there was no further reply.
The game has now been approved so I am more mystified by the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
As far as I know, the boxes are there so that you can edit or withdraw an entry that you have submitted while it is "in limbo" (not approved or declined yet).
If I remember correctly, all the games I have submitted had those boxes. It doesn't say anything about whether or not the entry will be approved. It's just an option so that if you find out you made a mistake, submitted an incomplete entry etc. you can still change it, often before an admin has even had a look at it.
I have used "revise" to add additional info.
I have also used "withdraw" once, I think, when I found out that a game I submitted was already in the database but under a different name. I withdrew the game entry and submitted a version entry instead.

It's just an option that you can use. The "revise" button doesn't mean you have to revise your submission for it to be approved. In the latter case, you'll receive a geekmail from an admin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kathrin is exactly right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you my two favourite experts! Alles ist klarmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.