Subject: Ice and telepathy question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Memphis Katz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi all,

apologies if these questions have been answered. I have had a quick skim of the forum and couldn't see anything.

ICE:
I want to clarify if placing a card in support is 1 for 1 i.e.

L1 water = L1 air, L2 water = L2 air and so on or can I use L1 water and place L3 air in support?

TELEPATHY:
If I overcharge telepathy (L2 air) which of the two are true, if not both (or neither as the case may be):

Use 1 action each for 2 different people
Make one person do two actions?

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
It is always the number in a circle on the card that gets charged up. I don't have the telepathy card in front of me, but if it says "Allow one player to do (1) action", then charging it up with two air means that you would be able to "Allow one player to do (2) actions".

Ice is per CARD. So, you are putting one card into support. That card can be L1, L2, L3, or even madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memphis Katz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Jonathan,

thank you for the clarification!

just made the game, a little bit harder and difficult all at the same time. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
running_jr wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

You're welcome! Not sure how it made the game harder, though. I confirmed that you can use a L1 water to cast ice and put an L3 into support. Or did you mean Telepathy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telepathy doesn't allow multiple OTHER players (can't be the caster) to each take one action, which could be a pretty big short-term burst if you need to finish off a monster or start off a new one on the right foot.

I bet that's what he's thinking, although that would still leave multiple other players short of a full hand on their own turns were it possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memphis Katz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
running_jr wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

You're welcome! Not sure how it made the game harder, though. I confirmed that you can use a L1 water to cast ice and put an L3 into support. Or did you mean Telepathy?

easier in regards to 'ICE', harder in regards to 'TELEPATHY'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memphis Katz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Akado wrote:
Telepathy doesn't allow multiple OTHER players (can't be the caster) to each take one action, which could be a pretty big short-term burst if you need to finish off a monster or start off a new one on the right foot.

I bet that's what he's thinking, although that would still leave multiple other players short of a full hand on their own turns were it possible.

Hi Steve,

here is an example of how I have used telepathy:

player2: use ice and put an element into support
Player3: use item in support alongside cards in their hand to defeat a curse.

but from what Jonathan and you are saying, this is not possible and I can only effect 1player multiple times.
Just dawned on me, can I not telepathy a person to telepathy another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
running_jr wrote:
Akado wrote:

Hi Steve,

but from what Jonathan and you are saying, this is not possible and I can only effect 1player multiple times.

Well, Jonathon is correct in that a single cast of Telepathy (even an overcharged one) can only allow a single other player to take action(s).

However, one of those actions CAN be to cast Telepathy on another player (even the original caster!) This can result in some really funky turns.

Example:

Steve A casts Telepathy (3) on Steve B
Steve B casts Ice to put a Fire(1) card into support
Steve B casts Telepathy (1) on Steve C
Steve C casts Ice to put an Air(2) card into support
Steve B uses the Air(2) card from Steve C's support to break a Curse
Steve A continues his turn...

The thing you need to be aware of, is after Steve A's turn eventually ends, only Steve A draws back up to 6 cards.

Steve B has now used a lot of cards (casting Ice and Telepathy, breaking an Air curse), and does NOT draw back to 6 cards because it is not the end of Steve B's turn.

Steve C is also down 2 cards (water to cast Ice, Air(2) that was put into support).

That means that Steves B and C will have pretty diminished turns on their own turns, so you need to make sure that the temporary power outage doesn't cause bigger problems than you solved by making a big chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memphis Katz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Akado wrote:
running_jr wrote:
Akado wrote:

Hi Steve,

Well, Jonathon is correct in that a single cast of Telepathy (even an overcharged one) can only allow a single other player to take action(s).

However, one of those actions CAN be to cast Telepathy on another player (even the original caster!) This can result in some really funky turns.

Example:

guess that's how you circumvent only casting to 1 person. That's is pretty cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
running_jr wrote:
Akado wrote:
running_jr wrote:
Akado wrote:

Hi Steve,

Example:

guess that's how you circumvent only casting to 1 person. That's is pretty cool!

Made some ninja edits, but basically, this allows for one huge turn, at a big cost.

Steve B now has fewer than 6 cards and does not draw back to 6 until after his turn. Steve C also has fewer than 6 cards, and does not refresh Ice until the start of his turn (so he will not be able to cast Ice again on Steve B's turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memphis Katz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Akado wrote:
running_jr wrote:
Akado wrote:
running_jr wrote:
Akado wrote:

Hi Steve,

Example:

Made some ninja edits, but basically, this allows for one huge turn, at a big cost.

Steve B now has fewer than 6 cards and does not draw back to 6 until after his turn. Steve C also has fewer than 6 cards, and does not refresh Ice until the start of his turn (so he will not be able to cast Ice again on Steve B's turn).

Yes very true but being a co-op game and maybe considering the situation all parties would kind of agree before you take the epic turn.

Thanks again, I look forward to playing this game correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Also if you're looking to give multiple players an action each, the 1st level spell Mental Control's overcharge does exactly that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.