Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » General

Subject: How are you guys packing everything away? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kindler
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm having trouble putting everything back in the box nicely without meticulously moving everything around into place. I normally make foam core inserts for games with subpar inserts, but with the add-ons coming later in the year, I don't really want to make two.

Do you guys have any packing tips? Or does this not bother everyone as much as me haha.

P.S the game is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dug into my Bag O' Baggies™ and split each player's bits into one of an appropriate size, with all the variant content sharing one. Works fine for now, but I fear what the inside of that box will look like with add-on roles and minis fighting for space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recycled the insert and have put the cards for each role into small plastic case card protectors.
I put the pieces for each role into it's own baggie.
The omens are in the cloth bag, and the cave tiles are the only thing loose in the box.
I cut a quarter inch off of every side of the reference sheets so that I could laminate them and fit them back in the box.
After I decided between standees and meeples, I put all of the extra parts into it's own bag.

I'll probably make a foam core insert after I receive the additional roles and models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the setup I've been using:

Those are Gerber baby food containers, and they're the perfect height to store all of the base game's boards and rules on top while still allowing the box to close flat (the KS sleeve even still fits). I have one for each for the Knight, Goblins, Dragon, and Thief, plus one extra for common stuff that's used no matter which roles are in play like treasures, crystals, and the dragon die.

Since that picture was taken I've added this nice tuckbox for tiles which saves a little more space.

Granted, the days of this working are numbered, because once the actual addon boards get included in the mix there's no way the box will close flat, so I'll probably have to go back to using ziplocks for everything or try to figure out some other solution...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
Granted, the days of this working are numbered, because once the actual addon boards get included in the mix there's no way the box will close flat, so I'll probably have to go back to using ziplocks for everything or try to figure out some other solution...

I got my kickstarter copy the other day and I was really happy with the dimensions of the box as it allowed me to use containers like this and still close the box.

But I have the same concern, once the minis and expansion roles come out, how will I keep it all in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a box for the miniatures. Its almost 50 figures I don't think its realistic to think those would fit in the main box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Turner
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
Roll for the Guru
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 5 Deck boxes in each of the player colors (Black, Purple, Red, Yellow, and Green). Everything for that character fits in there then I have a little tile box I made out of cardboard (from a box insert) to hold all the dungeon tiles. I still have a good amount of room left too for future stuff, but I might have to split the deckboxes with a divider to hold more than one character (most of them have a ton of room left in them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
I have everything in the bags they came in, so bag for crystals, bag for cubes, bag for treasure, bag for goblin dics, bag for dice, bag for meeples and a bag for all the cardboard tokens. I have the standees and the terrain tiles seperate and Finally I have 2 resealable freezer bags. 1 holds all the cards and the other holds all the tiles. I put the player boards and rulesheets/rulebook in the bottom. Then I put the cards and tiles next to each other at one end in their baggies, stack the terrain at the other then just put the other stuff on top. This is without the cardboard insert that came with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made boxes for everyone's cards, other boxes for tokens &bits, more boxes for tiles. Game setup is super quick now. I posted pictures a while back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use for Deck-Boxes for each player. The player boards are all stored at the bottom of the box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theflan045 wrote:
I use for Deck-Boxes for each player. The player boards are all stored at the bottom of the box

I went out and got deck boxes yesterday, they are these exact ones. I already had the green one, so I got yellow and red and like a lavendar pink one (they didn't have purple) and a dark brown (they didn't have black or grey).

They work amazing!

I put the vault tiles in the thief box, and the event tokens in the knight's box, and the crystal tiles and the start tile in the cave's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EntropyGuardian wrote:

I put the vault tiles in the thief box, and the event tokens in the knight's box, and the crystal tiles and the start tile in the cave's.

I did the exact same. Each of the sets of difficult cards I put their their corresponding player boxes. Though since there is not a huge amount of stuff in the thief's box I put all the variant cards in there too.

Amazon has a set of 6 deck boxes for real cheap that nearly matches all the colours you need.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EABSFRA/ref=oh_aui_deta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.