5 Posts

Crimson Creek» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does the share work. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Krijgsman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I like the game but dont get how the share card works.

Were all at the same table so how can you point something out with out the others seeing it ?
and thus knowing what they know (or say the know?)

And i found the rule book a littl e vague on the share action.

I would love some answers on how sharing works....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tibbletoad wrote:
I like the game but dont get how the share card works.

Were all at the same table so how can you point something out with out the others seeing it ?
and thus knowing what they know (or say the know?)

And i found the rule book a littl e vague on the share action.

I would love some answers on how sharing works....

There is a "word cloud" card with all the various locations on one side and the killer clues on the other side. You simply take the card and point to the information that you want to share with someone, being careful to no let anyone else see which side of the card or what word you are pointing to. I find that it is pretty easy to conceal the card in the palm of you hand and make sure only the player you are sharing information with sees it. Of course it helps if the other players are playing fairly and not trying to peek at what you are doing. You might be more comfortable having the two players who are sharing, step away from the table when doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how other players could possibly see which word you are pointing at on the share card. I guess if you leave it on the table and point at it. But we always pick it up and walk over to the player we are sharing with and point at one of the words directly in front of them.

I actually don't like the design of the share card, though. It may be my color blindness, but I find that it doesn't have enough contrast for me to see the words very well. I may try to make a black and white version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam W
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
Gotta buy 'em all
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main issue with the share card is that with 6 players, it involves standing up, walking around the table to share the information. Which means in some circumstances it's really awkward to do if you're not playing at a round table with a lot of space to walk around in both directions.

I think a better way to solve it would be laminate the share card, get a marker and highlight the words you want to communicate then pass them to the person you are sharing with. Then they can do the same. End of the action erase everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you could just write it on a piece of paper and pass it to the player. Or text each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.