Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pickles and Horatius cannot make Gunfire attacks (se other thread for official ruling).
Pickles and Horatius can use the Super Weapon.
Super Weapon Gas Grenades is not defined as a Gunfire or Hand-to-Hand attack, but it is a special attack on an adjacent space.

1. Is the Super Weapon Gas Grenades limited to Gunfire attacks, or can it also be used during Hand-to-Hand combat?

2. If the Super Weapon Gas Grenades is not limited to Gunfire attacks, can Pickles and/or Horatius use Gas Grenades when using the Super Weapon in Hand-to-Hand combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gas grenades is neither a Hand-to-hand attack or a Gunfire attack.

It's a special action, no dice are rolled. Just distribute the 4 hits and add the chaos marker.

Rules wise they can both use it. Thematically it's might be a little harder to explain, but until officially ruled it's up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, a special action it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra Schlunk
msg tools
Gas Grenades are not technically a Gunfire Attack. So yes, Horatius and Pickles can technically use them. I agree it'll make an interesting story for how that actually happens... LOL

From a reasonableness standpoint, I think probably neither should be able to however...

But we're not watching you. And it's your game!

Petra
Victory Point Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer! I agree that animal heroes should not be able to use Gas Grenades. But perhaps non-Gunfire Heroes and Civilians, like the Farmingdale Furies, could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, boardgame rules are malleable, and players can change them at will to suit. It's one of the very cool things about the boardgame hobby, in my opinion.

Regarding this Zeds question, you can choose the LETTER of the law (and allow it, as it is not technically prohibited), or the SPIRIT of the law (and preserve the story's integrity).

At my table, I love the spirit of the law, but your mileage may vary.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, LETTER and SPIRIT may be different for some rules. In this case though, I'm curious about the INTENT.

LETTERS can always change if it fits SPIRIT and INTENT (and game balance).

For what it's worth, i think that ZEDS is a very thematic game with great mechanics. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.