Popular Tags: [View All]
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just found these dice, one for each faction, "D10 Faction spindown dice".

http://www.legionsupplies.com/index.php?main_page=product_in...

I wonder what use they have? Maybe for the upcoming campaing or the boss decks???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people just use them for health tracking (rather than those cards we got).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:
Hi,

I just found these dice, one for each faction, "D10 Faction spindown dice".

http://www.legionsupplies.com/index.php?main_page=product_in...

I wonder what use they have? Maybe for the upcoming campaing or the boss decks???

God are they ugly!

Spindown d10 dice are very useful to keep track of your life. I don't use the cards and don't want to be writing during the game, so I use one dice to keep track of 10s, and one for the rest. They have no other use, no card uses dice in the game and I don't think there will be in future expansions either.

The fact that they're spindown makes them almost useless as random number generators, but very convenient as life trackers: just turn them on their side to up or down your life total by one of their unit, as opposed to scanning all faces with a regular die, which I'm currently using and is tedious.
Thanks for sharing, I had no idea they were releasing these
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deeth82 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
God are they ugly!

Agreed. Those faction symbols in the zero spot look kind of...melt-y. But maybe it's just a dirty numeric paint job. Either way, you can get a ton of D10 elsewhere for much less, and in the same colors.

Mine are black with white fumes and gold digits. I like them but they're not spindown so they're a pain, and sometimes it's difficult to figure the figure in a heaviy white fum :S

EDIT: they're from this line
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like using d6s to track health. Just use a couple of those Chessex bricks.

It's much more satisfying watching your opponent's health dwindle as he loses more and more dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How the hell do you track life with a single d10? Shouldn't this pack have 2 dice per color?

I get using the dice over cards, but this pack seems to be an especially bad and overpriced way to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
How the hell do you track life with a single d10? Shouldn't this pack have 2 dice per color?

I get using the dice over cards, but this pack seems to be an especially bad and overpriced way to do it.

They want you to buy two ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deeth82 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

Nailed it.
No, I totally get that, but at that price, for cheap looking dice, and not even being percentile dice, I don't know why anyone would get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
deeth82 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

Nailed it.
No, I totally get that, but at that price, for cheap looking dice, and not even being percentile dice, I don't know why anyone would get them.

Me neither. That's about the price I paid the dice I mentioned above and there were 10 or 12 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.