Subject: Deal Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should you separate the Deal deck? Just creating dividers and was wondering if there's a valid reason why we shouldn't separate the Agreements from the Debts from the funding etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are effects that cause you to gain a Deal condition, without specifying which one. That said, there aren't many of said effects, so up to you if the value of finding the correct Deal faster usually outweighs the cost of suitably randomizing a generic Deal on the odd occasion you need that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
There are effects that cause you to gain a Deal condition, without specifying which one. That said, there aren't many of said effects, so up to you if the value of finding the correct Deal faster usually outweighs the cost of suitably randomizing a generic Deal on the odd occasion you need that.

This seems a bit odd considering a deal could be an horrendous Dark Pact or a lovely Funding, bit of an extreme difference there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:

This seems a bit odd considering a deal could be an horrendous Dark Pact or a lovely Funding, bit of an extreme difference there?

There´s a Mythos Card that
Spoiler (click to reveal)
"Each investigator advances Doom by 1 unless he gains 1 DEAL Condition" so it´s a random deal, so, yes, you can get a dark pact or a lovely funding...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:

Not to mention Promise of Power is a DEAL as well...

If you have all the expansions, its about 8/33 or 25% (good to bad). If you don't have all expansion your odds aren't too bad of getting a good deal. E.g. if you own signs of carcossa and mountains of madness only, that's about 8/24 or 33% (rough estimate). Not sure which expansion has cards that refer to all deal conditions though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:

Not to mention Promise of Power is a DEAL as well...

If you have all the expansions, its about 8/33 or 25% (good to bad). If you don't have all expansion your odds aren't too bad of getting a good deal. E.g. if you own signs of carcossa and mountains of madness only, that's about 8/24 or 33% (rough estimate). Not sure which expansion has cards that refer to all deal conditions though.

I don't have the game to hand but I thought Promise of Power was a Boon condition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:

I don't have the game to hand but I thought Promise of Power was a Boon condition?

Nop, it´s a Deal. Really!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did something similar.

Dividers, but everything alphabetized within each section.
Then I use Eldritch Horror Card Check (https://eldritchhorror.herokuapp.com/index.html) to pick an appropriate card when called for.
Labels on the front of each box show me what is in each section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
0468 Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the text on Promise of Power

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.