Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: NEW SCHEME IDEA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody.

a new Scheme that present Deduction element as the heroes try to figure out who is the mind beyond the schemes and terror...

Setup: 11 Twists. 4 Masterminds. Shuffle all Tactics and draw 8 – place them on the Mastermind space face down this is "Mastermind pile".
Draw the top 2 of them as a Masterminds you can Attack.
The other 8 goes beside this scheme as the "Leads pile".
Rules: player can defeat one of the 2 revealed Master tactic and draw another card to replace him.
Player can use 4 (or 5) recruitment points or 3 Attack to send one of the revealed Master tactics to the bottom of the Mastermind pile and announce it not the real mind beyond the recent events… then reveal another one.
Player can use 4 (or 5) recruitment points or 3 Attack to send the top Master tactic of the Lead pile to the bottom and by that reveal another tactic that show how of the master minds is not in the real mastermind pile.
Master strike: each master strike triggers both strikes of the 2 current revealed Masterminds.
Twist: in each twist the players get the option to reveal all Master tactic in the Mastermind pile and s check who is the Mastermind with the most tactics in that pile or Victory piles of the heroes – if they already defeated all tactics of this mastermind they won the game.
If not, they immediately lose as he succeeds in his plan.
On the 11th Twist they must perform the Check and win or lose!
Victory Points: Any Master tactic that is not the real Mastermind gives 0 VP

have fun.
tell me your experience and feedback.

EDIT:
for more clarification and understanding read this:

there is 2 piles of Mastermind tactics:

Mastermind pile - contain 8 random tactics from the 4 Mastermind presented in the current game.
from this pile you reveal 2 cards in the game's setup.

Lead pile - contain the other 8 random tactics of those Masterminds that are not active in this game.
only the top card of this pile is face up as a "Lead".

players can Attack only the tactics from the "Mastermind" pile (A.K.A. active tactics)

the "Lead" pile is only there to show the players what tactics are NOT active in the game.

the player have an option to ignore a tactic they don't want to fight by sending it to the bottom of the "Mastermind" pile and then draw new tactic they can fight.

Also the players can discard the top card of the "Lead" pile and reveal the next one to get more idea what Mastermind has the majority in the "Mastermind" pile.
(any tactic in the "Lead" are not active so the more there is in the "Leads" the more chance so that Mastermind is not the "puppet master")

So, players try to attack only the mastermind they think he is the real threat (as the most Active tactics) and try to ignore (discard) tactics of other mastermind, in hope they right.

when they get to the final Twist (or if they think they won already and decide to reveal all Tactic in the "Mastermind" pile):
if they defeated All tactics of the one Mastermind that had the majority - they Win!

if not - they lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lovin' the scheme. Here's a cleaned-up version. Does this reflect your vision for this scheme? I've answered a few questions I didn't see specifically addressed. (Always Leads, for example.)

Defeat the Puppetmasters, similar version

Setup: 11 Twists. 4 Masterminds. Shuffle all Tactics and put 7 face-down into a Mastermind Deck and the rest in a face-up Leads Deck. Reveal 2 Tactics from the Mastermind Deck. Masterminds corresponding to these revealed Tactics are active Masterminds. (Use "Always Leads" abilities from active Masterminds.)
Special: Players may defeat Tactics revealed from the Mastermind Deck. When a revealed Tactic is defeated or put on the bottom of the Mastermind Deck, replace it with one from that deck. Players may spend 4 Recruit to place a face-up Tactic on the bottom of its deck. Masterminds with the most or tied for the most Tactics between Victory Piles and the Mastermind Deck are the Puppetmasters. (There may be one, two, or three Puppetmasters.) Non-Puppetmaster Tactics are worth 0 VP.
Master Strike: Only trigger Master Strike abilities from active Masterminds.
Twist: Each player may choose to reveal the remaining Tactics in the Leads Pile.
Twist 11: Reveal all Tactics in the Mastermind Deck.
Evil Wins: When, during a Twist, any Puppetmaster Tactics are revealed.
Good Wins: When, during a Twist, no Puppetmaster Tactics are revealed.

Defeat the Puppetmasters, alt. version

Setup: 11 Twists. 4 Masterminds. Shuffle all Tactics and put 8 face-down into a "Leads" pile. (Remove the rest from the game.) Reveal 2 Tactics. Then, shuffle all Masterminds, reveal two, and place the others in a "Masterminds" pile. (Use both revealed "Always Leads" abilities.)
Special: When a revealed Tactic is defeated, replace it with one from the Leads Pile. When a revealed Mastermind is placed on the bottom of the Mastermind pile, reveal another. Players may spend 4 (5?) Recruit to place a revealed Tactic on the bottom of the Leads Pile or a Mastermind on the bottom of the Mastermind Pile. Masterminds with the most or tied for the most Tactics between Victory Piles and the Leads Pile are the Puppetmasters. (There may be one, two, three, or four Puppetmasters.) Non-Puppetmaster Tactics are worth 0 VP.
Twist: Each player may choose to reveal the remaining Tactics in the Leads Pile.
Twist 11: Reveal all Tactics in the Leads Pile.
Evil Wins: When, during a Twist, Tactics from any Puppetmaster are revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suggestion: Make the Leads Pile have either 7 or 9 Tactics so that there isn't a four-way split. (It doesn't seem thematic to arbitrarily choose a Mastermind with 2 Tactics to be what I call the Puppetmaster who has no more than anyone else.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank for the reply.

i'v made the "lead" pile AND the "Mastermind" pile so the players can do some Deduction like:
see the top card on the "Lead" to know what tactic is NOT on the real "Mastermind" pile, for that encourage them to try and discard non-relevant Tactics they think he is not the true "Mastermind".
and they want to try and go throw the Lead pile to get more knowledge about the tactics presented in the real Mastermind pile.

so when they think they know who is the real villain they try to attack only his tactics and not loosing time to fight non-relevant tactics...

you see what i'v trying to do here?

they have a way to gain info.
they have a option to ignore tactics they see but they want to make sure they attack the right one and not letting him slip away (if his tactic goes to the bottom of the "Mastermind" pile and then you realize he was the true villain - good luck trying to draw him back and attack him before the last twist)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
about the number of tactics in the "lead" pile, well we play this with 8\8 and if there is a tie on the real Mastermind - so either of them is good to win the game.

but you can try any other variation you like.

i don't think its really matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not sure I understand the first few comments.

How many piles are there? Two, right?

Do the Masterminds ever get replaced from the pile?

Would it be possible to go sentence-by-sentence and point out what I get wrong in my formulation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is 2 piles:

Mastermind pile - contain 8 random tactics from the 4 Mastermind presented in the current game.
from this pile you reveal 2 cards in the game's setup.

Lead pile - contain the other 8 random tactics of those Masterminds that are not active in this game.
only the top card of this pile is face up as a "Lead".

players can Attack only the tactics from the "Mastermind" pile (A.K.A. active tactics)

the "Lead" pile is only there to show the players what tactics are NOT active in the game.

the player have an option to ignore a tactic they don't want to fight by sending it to the bottom of the "Mastermind" pile and then draw new tactic they can fight.

Also the players can discard the top card of the "Lead" pile and reveal the next one to get more idea what Mastermind has the majority in the "Mastermind" pile.
(any tactic in the "Lead" are not active so the more there is in the "Leads" the more chance so that Mastermind is not the "puppet master")

So, players try to attack only the mastermind they think he is the real threat (as the most Active tactics) and try to ignore (discard) tactics of other mastermind, in hope they right.

when they get to the final Twist (or if they think they won already and decide to reveal all Tactic in the "Mastermind" pile):
if they defeated All tactics of the one Mastermind that had the majority - they Win!

if not - they lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh, I see. So the idea is that you're attempting to deduce which Masterminds are most represented in the Mastermind pile. No fewer than four Master Strike effects will go off every single time that a Master Strike goes off. Is that correct? Is the first version now more similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Master strike only trigger the current revealed 2 Mastermind from the Mastermind pile.

aaaaand... i don't get your quastion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a card with the Mastermind on it which gives his Always Leads ability. Are all four of these non-Tactics cards always out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG

my mistake for not making that clear:
by "leads" i mean like... "clues" so the players gain information about the puppet master, not that any Mastermind get to "lead" the villains.

in this scheme there is no one Mastermind, there is 4, and the player need to guess the one with the most Tactics in the Mastermind deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I understand. I'm referring to the Mastermind card which isn't a Tactic. Is that always face-up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes.

so you can see their "Master strike".

but each Master strike trigger only the 2 Mastermind that have their tactics currently revealed from the Mastermind deck

if someone can manage this scheme to a card format it will be great.

hope you enjoy the scheme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.