Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my collection of starting equipment has grown due to acquiring expansions. I am not sure as to if I run a 6-character party if I should still restrict them to the original starting equipment. What about 7....or 8? For example, should I only allow one bow for the party...one hammer?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't restrict it. The party will decide who gets which weapon at the beginning of the game. Everybody should get the weapon they like best. The scenarios are hard enough meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep it restricted to the "starting" starting equipment, but that is because I've tried to keep the spirit of the base game, even with the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official rule is that you can use one starting equipment card per survivor, each taken from your complete pool of starting equipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc DeArmond
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you have any documentation on that Official rule? It's clearly not what the Z:BP Rulebook says. It says each Survivor will start off with "at least" one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masticon wrote:
Do you have any documentation on that Official rule? It's clearly not what the Z:BP Rulebook says. It says each Survivor will start off with "at least" one card.

Check this thread (Q10 in the op).

It's one of the first questions we asked of the devs, back when we were getting answers that weren't somewhat insane... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Masticon wrote:

It is possible that a Survivor could have a weapon as a blue skill level as well as their Starting equipment card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skritter wrote:
Masticon wrote:

It is possible that a Survivor could have a weapon as a blue skill level as well as their Starting equipment card.

Yes, that is the way it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGÓN DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I keep it restricted to the "starting" starting equipment, but that is because I've tried to keep the spirit of the base game, even with the expansions.

I agree with senorcoo.

I think that the fact they only include one Hammer, one Mana Blast and one Short Bow, not only highlights how they are at least marginally better than the Short Sword, but also suggests some initial "roles" within your party (a damage, magic and ranged combat expert); so I would only used these for a 6 survivors or less game.

Though I have never played with 7+ characters, my suggestion would be to add one Short Sword and a Hammers/Mana Blast/Short Bow at the time. So for a 7 or 8 player game your starting equipment would consists of 4 Short Swords, 1 Hammer, 1 Mana Blast, 1 Short Bow and 1 duplicate of any of these last three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.