[Dominant Species -3 #44]
[Roll for the Galaxy -3 #45]
[Lords of Waterdeep -3 #47]

Hot Lava Birth
NONE

Top Ten Trends
NO CHANGE

Top 5 Winning Movers
War of the Ring (second edition) (second week!)
Mansions of Madness: Second Edition (second week!)
Brass
Gloomhaven
Viticulture Essential Edition

New Highest Peaks
Mansions of Madness: Second Edition #22
Gloomhaven #31
Viticulture Essential Edition #38
Great Western Trail #41
Arkham Horror: The Card Game #42
Santorini #75

For a review/explanation of the terms in this thread, check out:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Top_100_Analysis

Gloomhaven looks like a top 5 to me. Why is WotR (2nd) heading towards top ten? It ties its peak of #12 which it first reached for one week a year ago before being forced down by Through the Ages: New. Will Gloomhaven bounce it backwards again or will this one go to 11? Two Arkham properties are headed for the top 20 and 40, one each.

Have a good week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsr525 wrote:

Gloomhaven looks like a top 5 to me. Why is WotR (2nd) heading towards top ten? It ties its peak of #12 which it first reached for one week a year ago before being forced down by Through the Ages: New. Will Gloomhaven bounce it backwards again or will this one go to 11? Two Arkham properties are headed for the top 20 and 40, one each.

Have a good week.

While I'm not positive on why, I do think 2nd edition WotR got a reprint that finally hit store shelves just a few months ago so I'm guessing it has been getting quite a few more ratings recently. But that's just my speculation as I have no idea if it actually has been getting more ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprint of War of the Ring and people are getting their anniversary edition from kickstarter.

I think Gloomhaven will enjoy a similar situation to Scythe. It's over $100 so it won't be a "this looks interesting I'll try it" game. The only people getting it will be people who have either played it and enjoyed it or people who researched it and then bought it. Not saying it's not good or deserving of a high position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
lightbenderfm wrote:
I think Gloomhaven will enjoy a similar situation to Scythe. It's over $100 so it won't be a "this looks interesting I'll try it" game. The only people getting it will be people who have either played it and enjoyed it or people who researched it and then bought it. Not saying it's not good or deserving of a high position.

Ratings are impressive .. never thought I would see a game where the 10s outnumber everything else combined. Seemingly the only thing keeping it from #1 will be availability (and hence number of rates).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lightbenderfm wrote:

While I agree that the overall investment and not just cost into Gloomhaven is much higher, it is also a significantly better game than Scythe. Gloomhaven has legit #1 potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis _
Germany
Halle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
jmsr525 wrote:

Have a good week.

While I'm not positive on why, I do think 2nd edition WotR got a reprint that finally hit store shelves just a few months ago so I'm guessing it has been getting quite a few more ratings recently. But that's just my speculation as I have no idea if it actually has been getting more ratings.

Plus TtA1 getting the lowest votes and owners increase as can be seen here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
lightbenderfm wrote:

Ratings are impressive .. never thought I would see a game where the 10s outnumber everything else combined. Seemingly the only thing keeping it from #1 will be availability (and hence number of rates).

I find it interesting how quickly it's rising compared to Kingdom Death: Monster. Also if it will receive a similar backlash in hatevotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilza wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
lightbenderfm wrote:

I find it interesting how quickly it's rising compared to Kingdom Death: Monster. Also if it will receive a similar backlash in hatevotes.

I think I'm gonna go vote 1s to all the games I don't own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilza wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
lightbenderfm wrote:

KD:M was much more expensive. Gloomhaven was $80 for backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonMichael Rasmus
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rating per dollar and rating per time unit of play are both interesting secondary metrics. A game that rates a 7 that takes 20 minutes may be more valuable to a collection that than an 8 that takes 180. (Or maybe not depending on your preferences).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsr525 wrote:
Rating per dollar and rating per time unit of play are both interesting secondary metrics. A game that rates a 7 that takes 20 minutes may be more valuable to a collection that than an 8 that takes 180. (Or maybe not depending on your preferences).

I think this would be really interesting to look at. I would expect a lot of people rate games higher when they have spent more money on them but I wonder how much play time affects rating. I know I have games I rate very highly that don't get played much due to player count or time constraints and I have games that I rate lower that get more plays because it's easier to pull out a 20-30 minute game that takes 5 minutes to teach and stet up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis _
Germany
Halle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilza wrote:

Is that actually the reason for KD's backlash? Thought it would have been a saturation of attractable players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Affensohn wrote:
Ilza wrote:

Is that actually the reason for KD's backlash? Thought it would have been a saturation of attractable players...

I think there are several reasons for the hatevotes for KD:M, but that's for another topic. Stll it has a similar vote-pattern to Gloomhaven and about a week ago a similar amount of votes, but the shill-filter is clearly more forgiving for Gloomhaven looking at average rating compared to geek rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.