Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a goblin is in a dark tile it cannot be targeted by arrow? How would the Knight hit a goblin? To flip the dark tile they'd need to move into the space and attack the goblin anyway? Can they arrow before they attack? What would be the point?

Can a spored goblin reduce a population of a already 0 or 1 population tribe and leave their 3 or 4s alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Visibility re bombs?
EntropyGuardian wrote:
If a goblin is in a dark tile it cannot be targeted by arrow? How would the Knight hit a goblin? To flip the dark tile they'd need to move into the space and attack the goblin anyway? Can they arrow before they attack? What would be the point?
The Bow (or anything else that requires visibility) can be used to shoot into a dark tile, it just can't shoot through them.

For example:
D = Dark
L = Lit

[D][L][L][L][L][L][D]
In this setup, you could shoot from one Dark tile into the other, or to/from any of the Lit tiles in between.

[D][L][L][D][L][L][D]
In this setup, the Dark tile in the middle blocks visibility for the Dark tiles on either end. You could shoot from one of those at a target on the Dark tile in the center, but you cannot shoot from the Dark tile on one end to the Dark tile on the other end.

As for why you'd use the Bow before attacking, sometimes you run into a Tribe that's simply too strong to attack directly. If you shoot it with the bow first you'll reduce its population, making it easier to beat with a direct attack. Other times you might want to do it just to knock down the looming threat, especially if they're sitting too far to reach with normal movement.

Quote:
Can a spored goblin reduce a population of a already 0 or 1 population tribe and leave their 3 or 4s alone?
The Tribe has to have population to lose - you can't choose a Tribe already at 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes bow make a lot more sense to me. I was thinking bow needed to have its target be lit. Catching a gobbo in the light seemed like a huge pain. And if they were sitting tantalizingly in the dark there isn't a way to light up that tile other than that vantage point or to just attack them outright.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance N
msg tools
Is visibility only in a straight Line? if so, the knights bow action can only be used against goblins if they are in a orthogonal line and the spaces are some form of " [D][L][L][D] " ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ser_Lancelot wrote:
Is visibility only in a straight Line? if so, the knights bow action can only be used against goblins if they are in a orthogonal line and the spaces are some form of " [D][L][L][D] " ?
Correct.

There's no diagonal movement, attacking, or shooting in the game, except where it's very specifically allowed (like the Goblins' Underworm, or certain rolls when using the Dragon's Claw attack).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The knight can never shoot the bow FROM a dark tile. That's because when the knight enters a dark tile, the tile must immediately be revealed and resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
The knight can never shoot the bow FROM a dark tile. That's because when the knight enters a dark tile, the tile must immediately be revealed and resolved.
True, but the exact same concept of visibility also applies to the Goblins' Wisp and Slingshot (new promo card), and the Thief's hand crossbow, all of which can be used while on Dark tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.