Germany
Neuburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im am rereading the rules at the moment and found this paragraph:
Quote:
Rulebook p. 63
Some hunt events allow the survivors to ambush the monster. When the monster is ambushed, survivors may choose to go first in showdown. Do not follow the setup rules for terrain on the monster's story event. Instead, place the listed showdown terrain, the monster, and the survivors on the showdown board as the players decide (setup rules on terrain cards must still be followed)

I don't know if I am doing this right:

For example, I ambush the screaming antilope.
Normally I have to setup the arcanthus in the space of 4 fields of the monster in the centre and in addition 2 random terrain tiles, set up normally.
Ambushing the screaming antilope let my decide if I want to setup the arcanthus plants anywhere I want. They don't have to be within the green setup area (=4 fields to the monster), but I have to fulfill the requirement of the terrain card. Additionally I can place the monster and the survivors anywhere on the showdown board?
AND the survivors will go first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.
Remember that the monster still goes first, but skips its turn.
So, the round begins at the start of the monster turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmb
I never made that connection.. So if a monster has terrain setup rules that go against the default setup rules listed on the terrain card(s) and you ambush that monster, you aren't allowed to follow the monster's terrain setup. In this situation, it's not that you "don't have to" place the terrain that way, it's that you can't. The acanthus would be too close together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, exactly. I suppose this is more of a side effect than an intended ruling, but it is fair enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
inzo wrote:
I never made that connection.. So if a monster has terrain setup rules that go against the default setup rules listed on the terrain card(s) and you ambush that monster, you aren't allowed to follow the monster's terrain setup. In this situation, it's not that you "don't have to" place the terrain that way, it's that you can't. The acanthus would be too close together.

That's a benefit to ambushing the SA, though. Because of how it interacts with the Acanthus Plants, moving all of those plants as far away as possible from the SA is a good move for your survivors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmb
IASeldon wrote:
That's a benefit to ambushing the SA, though. Because of how it interacts with the Acanthus Plants, moving all of those plants as far away as possible from the SA is a good move for your survivors.

My point was that you couldn't follow the monster's setup rules. I wouldn't call it a "benefit" to not have the option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a benefit because you get to ambush the monster... a big benefit, with a runner the likes of the antelope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.