England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

A few questions on the transition from the Prologue to Chapter One in Campaign Mode...

Question 1
----------
At the end of the Prologue, if you succeed, you get a bunch of 'stuff'.

Do we immediately assign this to the squads, or do we assign it as part of the Day sequence in Chapter One?

This is important as if it is immediately assigned, you can use this stuff during day one (especially the survivors who can be allocated tasks).

Question 2
----------
I assume all wounds (critical and normal) are carried forward into Chapter One?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think it starts with a Dusk phase ?

I would say you immediately assign it as they have already have it in their possession.

Page 34 Saving The Game - is basically recording everything between chapters. Unless starting with a new squad you have everything you gained and suffered so far. Which you can re distribute in the Day Phase. Which must follow Night.

Chapter 1 Special Setup;-
Begin on the Day phase on day one (make sure the day counter is on
space one of the progress track).

You effectively treat it like any other Day phase; Sunrise (Level Up), Morning , Afternoon, Neighbourhood meeting (Level Up). You are still in the prologue terrain so you have access to any stashes you created etc.
play
Personally I would recommend you the prologue from the Night Phase using the full rules that could be applied to a Night Phase.

Its what I am going to do after work tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes sense.

Running the prologue seems to make things a lot harder. Having just done all the Day stuff before chapter one, my squads are in pretty bad shape (lots of critical wounds and not many HPs) and the Doom track is very advanced already!

I can't see anywhere in the manual how to get rid of critical wounds, it seems you are stuck with them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Barber
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Hey guys

Thanks for posting these questions here.

1) When you get all the items from completing the prologue, you immediately assign them, so you can use them during the following Day phase at the start of Chapter 1.

2) The prologue does make things challenging - but we highly recommend you play this way. We strongly feel Co-Op games should be total bullies. So we wanted to make the game a challenging puzzle. If you do want it to be slightly easier after your first playthrough, skip the prologue and start from chapter 1.

3) Critical wounds and perks do carry over from the prologue. The only way to remove a critical wound is with the "Lizard Blood" mutation perk. They're a scarce commodity, so most often you're going to be stuck with a horrible critical wound.

Keep the questions coming! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to ask on here. We'll be posting an errata here soon.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is 1 in 3 chance of a critical wound each attack. his seems quite high. Although some are beneficial e.g. Plague Wound if you get a positive Mutation.

Suggestion treat critial wounds as additional damage until your defence is 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
There is 1 in 3 chance of a critical wound each attack. his seems quite high. Although some are beneficial e.g. Plague Wound if you get a positive Mutation.

I tend to agree with this. Having made combat much more deterministic than Z1, the official method of appplying critical wounds seems to be a hangover from the way Z1 worked. After the prologue, only one of my initial survivors was without a critical wound due to some very unlucky rolls. I will reserve complete judgement until I have played a few more scenarios though. Sometimes when you play a game, there are bits that stick out as unusual, and this is one of them.

This is not to say that I am not enjoying the game though, it's merely an early observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
Starman54 wrote:

I tend to agree with this. Having made combat much more deterministic than Z1, the official method of appplying critical wounds seems to be a hangover from the way Z1 worked. After the prologue, only one of my initial survivors was without a critical wound due to some very unlucky rolls. I will reserve complete judgement until I have played a few more scenarios though. Sometimes when you play a game, there are bits that stick out as unusual, and this is one of them.

This is not to say that I am not enjoying the game though, it's merely an early observation.

I will reserve judgement.

Theme wise being limited to 1 attack per weapon per hour when being faced with a zombie horde seems wrong. If we consider each Zombie being a group then this may work a little better but does it scale well with the buildings.

I know its not meant to be a run and gun and abstraction is inevitable. I will see how the perks stack up.

I managed to survive the prologue but lost the survivors.

Situation before Chapter 1:-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.